By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mass Effect to Land on PC in May 2008

Sqrl said:
steven787 said:
Naz? Sqrl? Do you know how happy this makes me... I was just thinking about this while in class, I gett out and the news is posted.

lol, this type of thing is normal for PC gamers...well maybe this port is happening a little faster than usual but its not uncommon to see a console game that does well get ported to PC with updates and bug fixes added in...especially from the 360 since MS and the PC are fairly intertwined.

Yeah, basically what he said hehe. I'm pretty used to it. Once MS ported Viva Pinata to PC I knew there would very rarely be another big 360 game that didn't have a PC version. Other games that have a 99% chance to get PC versions eventually are:

Too Human, Fable 2, Halo Wars, GTAIV, etc. Hell, after Viva Pinata was ported to PC Banjo-Kazooie 3 may be as well hehe.

Lost Odyssey most likely will not have a PC version, just because it's a JRPG and the PC audience tends to ignore JRPGs.  Most 360 "exclusives" will be on PC though.  Even those published by Microsoft, because they are trying to plug their awful Games for Windows system.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Sqrl said:
steven787 said:
Naz? Sqrl? Do you know how happy this makes me... I was just thinking about this while in class, I gett out and the news is posted.

lol, this type of thing is normal for PC gamers...well maybe this port is happening a little faster than usual but its not uncommon to see a console game that does well get ported to PC with updates and bug fixes added in...especially from the 360 since MS and the PC are fairly intertwined.

Yeah, basically what he said hehe. I'm pretty used to it. Once MS ported Viva Pinata to PC I knew there would very rarely be another big 360 game that didn't have a PC version. Other games that have a 99% chance to get PC versions eventually are:

Too Human, Fable 2, Halo Wars, GTAIV, etc. Hell, after Viva Pinata was ported to PC Banjo-Kazooie 3 may be as well hehe.

Lost Odyssey most likely will not have a PC version, just because it's a JRPG and the PC audience tends to ignore JRPGs. Most 360 "exclusives" will be on PC though. Even those published by Microsoft, because they are trying to plug their awful Games for Windows system.

Games for Windows doesn't bother me, because I know they will probably run on Vista32 and 64 without too many problems.

It's Windows Live Gold that bothers me and WILL NEVER subscribe. Thank heavens that EA and Valve are vehemently against it.  (EDIT: Which means I won't actually be getting Halo Wars.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Games for Windows is fine...I don't think many people have a problem with that...it just means the game will only work on Windows...

It's the Windows Live that sucks...it will NEVER get big...only tools would pay for online PC gaming of the non-MMO variety.

Anyway, this news ROCKS. I really wanted to play this game, and I knew a PC port would be on the way eventually...I was honestly going to guess early next year though. Mid-2008 is way sooner than I thought, and I love it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yeah, sorry I meant Windows Live.

I'm sorry, I figured you did mean Live...

I love how Ben and I both capitalized NEVER. I don't pay hundreds of more dollars to play games that require a fee to play online when they are offering nothing more than free services. Atleast MMOs are pretty stable and offer plenty of events and support.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
I'm sorry, I figured you did mean Live...

I love how Ben and I both capitalized NEVER. I don't pay hundreds of more dollars to play games that require a fee to play online when they are offering nothing more than free services. Atleast MMOs are pretty stable and offer plenty of events and support.

Yeah, it's something I'd never pay for as well.  Microsoft can go to hell with that cash-in strategy.  I'll stick to Steam, EANation, and Xfire thanks. 

I shall be purchasing this.

It may sound like a bash against the 360, but I really don't care. The fact that these games are going to the PC is probably one of the biggest reasons that I don't want a 360. My PC is like my hub of games and work so I'd rather upgrade it and get games that are coming out for it (even if I have to turn down some graphical effects) rather than go out an buy a 360 and get the games that would most likely come to the PC anyway.

The other big reason I don't want a 360 is because of Live. The saying "You get what you pay for" will (most likely) never set in with me because with PC gaming and things like Steam, I'm already getting all of these features for free and I think Xbox Live (which requires you to pay to play online) and Windows Live (which heavily gimps you until you pay) are a large ripoff in my opinion. The only 'advantage' is that if you have your PC and a 360, you only have to pay for one subscription.

Of course, another reason reason is that I know people that own a 360. Hell, I can walk three steps out of my room and there are two 360's (core and premium) sitting right next to the TV

live is only like 4$ a month.... That means you miss out on a Mcdonalds heart attack burger.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
live is only like 4$ a month.... That means you miss out on a Mcdonalds heart attack burger.

I don't think anyone is saying they can't afford it.

Its a matter of principle more than anything. I feel like I've already payed for internet access and the game so I've covered my end. And while it may only be $4 a month right now I wonder how much is it going to be in 10-20 years when people have learned to expect to pay it like you have. 

To Each Man, Responsibility