By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mass Effect to Land on PC in May 2008

Mass Effect 2 may be going more places than just 360 and PC.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17132

Around the Network

Wow not sure how I missed this before....

Well as I said previously I expect the game to come to the PC at some point...and while I'm not overly enthusiastic about it, it has received plenty of praise from several other posters whose gaming tastes are similar to mine so I will likely try it..

One of the big reasons I am willing to try it out is because its a M&KB setup now~ Sorry I just hate analogue aiming =/

Anyways, we'll see if the game can change my mind in a few months....

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wow, this is getting ported to PC faster than I expected. I just hope I can play it! I can play KOTOR but not Jade Empire. Orange Box will work so it all depends on how scalable Bioware makes it. *crosses fingers*

Another Reason to buy he 360 GONE down the drain..

Anyways I'm def. getting this

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

?? funny... you wouldnt be playing that franchise if it wasnt for the playstation brand.

Around the Network

After making the 3rd duplicate of this announcement, I'll reply to the original topic! Anyway, hopefully there won't be the framerate and pop-in issues the 360 version had. There isn't really an excuse for stuff like that on a PC game. Since it's Bioware though it should be well-optimized.

naznatips said:
After making the 3rd duplicate of this announcement, I'll reply to the original topic! Anyway, hopefully there won't be the framerate and pop-in issues the 360 version had. There isn't really an excuse for stuff like that on a PC game. Since it's Bioware though it should be well-optimized.

I'm ok with brief pop-in as the game loads up initially but after that pop-in should be very very minimal its not too tough to do (although crysis has some issues with it on very high).

Naz? Sqrl? Do you know how happy this makes me... I was just thinking about this while in class, I gett out and the news is posted.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
Naz? Sqrl? Do you know how happy this makes me... I was just thinking about this while in class, I gett out and the news is posted.

lol, this type of thing is normal for PC gamers...well maybe this port is happening a little faster than usual but its not uncommon to see a console game that does well get ported to PC with updates and bug fixes added in...especially from the 360 since MS and the PC are fairly intertwined.

Hey do you think on PC we may see more than just blue alien side boob, and get the full on view? (jk I don't really care.)

Real question: Do you think this will be true of Halo Wars and/or Lost Odyssey?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.