By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Potomac Primary, the Chesapeake region votes today

Polls Put Obama ahead in Maryland, Virginia

Survey USA has Obama ahead by 22 points in Virginia and 23 in Maryland 

D.C. with its large African American population is also expected to lean heavily towards Obama

Edit: 

DC with 98% reporting

Obama 75%

Clinton 24%

MD with 46% Reporting

Obama 62%

Clinton 35%

VA with 99% Reporting

Obama 64%

Clinton 35%

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Keep us updated. I think if Obama wins all of the states today, stick a fork in Hillary.

madskillz said:
Keep us updated. I think if Obama wins all of the states today, stick a fork in Hillary.

No she still has a chance depending on how Ohio and Texas vote in march

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I think the turnout in MD may be limited by bad weather. So far there is just a dusting of snow, but they are calling for ice around lunchtime.

As long as you don't elect any more aging white oil tycoons, I don't mind. Maybe Obama will deliver, he's set to be hugely different compared to todays politics, that much seems certain. The most important job for the next president will be salvaging what's left of US foreign relations besides the UK and Australia, and that will be a huge task requiring all his (or alternatly hers) attention.

Around the Network
madskillz said:

I hope you are right.  I have to admit, I was pretty down in the dumps after she won California.  But seeing the momentum Obama has right now gives me hope.  Let's hope the Superdelegates get on the Obama wagon, too.

super_etecoon said:
madskillz said:

I hope you are right. I have to admit, I was pretty down in the dumps after she won California. But seeing the momentum Obama has right now gives me hope. Let's hope the Superdelegates get on the Obama wagon, too.

I tell you what happened in Cali - folks had sent in absentee ballots before the Kennedy endorsements - but it was too late to affect Cali. I knew he wouldn't win Cali, but he's surging like crazy. Especially after she had that week of damage control - canning her hot campaign manager, staffers not getting paid - loaning herself $5M and be outraised by Obama - she has proven how she'll do in a real-time situation with drama surrounding her. You are either ready to be pres or not. She's not.

This is coming from a cat who met Bill Clinton - talked to him and all - and voted twice for him. I was confident I would vote for her - now? Not so much ...

That's Bill holding my son, Trey at a John Kerry rally in tha Duke City, circa 2004. 

I have a feeling that Hillary will win Ohio in March, Which would give her some momentum, but I have this feeling that whoever wins the democratic nomination will become president. I hope Obama pulls through.

Yeah, please update, I need to do this for History....=-)....It's not HW or anything, but I just have to know who won and all...

It looks like Obama and McCain have taken Virginia and DC for sure.  Both are projected to win Maryland as well.