By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Does 2014 Look For JRPGs?

Here are the JRPGs coming out in 2014 that I could find, let me know if I forgot any:

-Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix

-Tales of Xillia 2

-Tales of Symphonia Chronicles 

-X

-SMT x FE (maybe)

-Final Fantasy Lightening Returns

-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

-Final Fantasy XV (maybe)

-Bravery Default: Flying Fairy

-Disgaea 4 Return

-Trails In The Sky Second Chapter

-Dark Souls 2

-The Witch and The Hundred Knights

-Drakengard 3

-Atelier Escha & Logy

-Mugen Souls Z

-Demon Gaze

-Ys: Memories of Celceta (Europe)

-Sorery Saga (Europe)

So how do you guys think 2014 looks for JRPGs?

Around the Network

Not good enough for me to buy a new console and nothing that would really get me back into Jrpg's.
I'll probably be playing both FF's, the HD one because I used to love that game, LR because i hate to leave the series unfinished.
These are almost all action oriented rpg's?

weaveworld said:
Not good enough for me to buy a new console and nothing that would really get me back into Jrpg's.
I'll probably be playing both FF's, the HD one because I used to love that game, LR because i hate to leave the series unfinished.
These are almost all action oriented rpg's?

Yes a majority of them are.

There is also:

Toukiden - PSV
Atelier Escha & Logy - PS3
Mugen Souls Z - PS3

But yeah its slim picking, unless more localization is announced soon.

Was Disgaea 4: Return confirmed for localization already or are we just putting our trust on NISA here? lol!

tiffac said:

There is also:

Toukiden - PSV
Atelier Escha & Logy - PS3
Mugen Souls Z - PS3

But yeah its slim picking, unless more localization is announced soon.

Was Disgaea 4: Return confirmed for localization already or are we just putting our trust on NISA here? lol!

I don't think its been confirmed but all the other handheld Disgaea games have found their way over here including 3 on Vita, so I'm assuming its coming unless we hear otherwise.  Adding those to OP.

Around the Network

Other than Final Fantasy XV (If were lucky) and Final Fantasy X/X-2, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD, Tales of Xillia 2 not much for me personally to look forward to.

NobleTeam360 said:
Other than Final Fantasy XV (If were lucky) and Final Fantasy X/X-2, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD, Tales of Xillia 2 not much for me personally to look forward to.

Your not getting Symphonia Chronicles?  Also what about Bravery Default, its a throw back to the classic JRPGs.

Looks like slim picking outside of whats available on Nintendo Consoles

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Looks like slim picking outside of whats available on Nintendo Consoles

What do you mean?  The majority of the games in the OP are on the PS3.

So many awesome JRPGs next year, the only reason I will buy a PS4 next year is if FFXV or MGSV are released otherwise plenty of games to keep me busy before I move on to next gen