By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IronFall - debut footage (3DS)

Kresnik said:

(..)

Also, regarding the HD porting of Revelations, Capcom had this to say about the sales on 3DS:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/capcom_resident_evil_revelations_3ds_sales_could_have_been_better

"Given the large development costs we had on the 3DS version, we would have liked to have even a little more sales than we did in the end. But that doesn't mean we saw it as a failure by any means."

'Not a failure' but 'would have liked to have more sales' doesn't sound to me like there's going to be another Resi on 3DS.  I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Not really arguing this, but personally I think that should be an extra incentive for Capcom to actually make a second Resident Evil game for 3DS.

Revelations was extremely well recieved. If they didn't make the money they wanted off it because development was expensive (it didn't sell poorly in any case; is the best selling portable game in the franchise), they actually should make a second game but completely use the first game's assets and engine. Such a game would be very low-budget and could get them the money they wanted as the second game would easily be profitable.

I think a second game could sell close to Revelations at least. I know I'd buy a follow-up. RE: Revelations was the Game of the Year 2012 for me !

Also, to your other post, I agree RE beats 'IronFall' hands down in 'looks'. The art-direction on RE is naturally way better, compared to this generic looking indie-game. That doesn't mean I'm not impressed though, on the contrary. And it's just a tech-demo .

Around the Network
cheesecake said:
Slade6alpha said:
What is Assembly Engine, and why should I be impressed?

an engine made with 0s and 1s.

False. Long story short, Assembly is basically one of the most popular low end programming language that is still being used (and even then is very rare to see it nowadays). Most software like game engines and Operating Systems are coded in C (which is a middle end programming language)

As far as I know, no one still programs in binary.

Edit: this is how an assembly code looks like: http://www.viksoe.dk/code/screenshots/asmil.gif

Nintendo and PC gamer

S.Peelman said:

Not really arguing this, but personally I think that should be an extra incentive for Capcom to actually make a second Resident Evil game for 3DS.

Revelations was extremely well recieved. If they didn't make the money they wanted off it because development was expensive (it didn't sell poorly in any case; is the best selling portable game in the franchise), they actually should make a second game but completely use the first game's assets and engine. Such a game would be very low-budget and could get them the money they wanted as the second game would easily be profitable.

I think a second game could sell close to Revelations at least. I know I'd buy a follow-up. RE: Revelations was the Game of the Year 2012 for me !

Also, to your other post, I agree RE beats 'IronFall' hands down in 'looks'. The art-direction on RE is naturally way better, compared to this generic looking indie-game. That doesn't mean I'm not impressed though, on the contrary. And it's just a tech-demo .

I was going to say "what other Resident Evil games have been on handhelds?" but then I remembered Resident Evil Gaiden, which unfortunately we have 0 sales data for -_-

Regardless, I do see your point.  With the pre-existing assets already there it'd be much cheaper to make a follow up than it would the original.  Whether that means bigger sales or not, however, is kind of debateable.

I guess we'll have to see.  I don't think the rumour Kaizar was referring to has much substance to it, though.

Kresnik said:

(..)

I guess we'll have to see.  I don't think the rumour Kaizar was referring to has much substance to it, though.

No me neither sadly .

Very impressive.

Doing dual screen rendering, (actual scenes, not just a map) at 60fps while using effects like depth of field and ambient occlusion is no man feat, same for the amount of characters in scene at once. 

Revelations does still seem to be prettier, but to be fair it has much less going on at a time, and this game isn't finished yet.

Kresnik said:

Without trying to sound like a dick, take Kaizar's posts with a grain of salt.

Around the Network

My lord are they working the 3DS. Its doing rendering data 3 times over. That is a lot of shit they got running.

The mesh data refers to animations, so its looking really good so far

Its kinda crazy that an indie developer is able to this and other AAA developers couldn't. Can't wait to see actual gameplay. It definitely has my interest!!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

3 people can coordinate faster.

This is pretty impressive, considering its running on the 3DS. Didn't think the little machine could push that kind of stuff. Game looks pretty neat, though I'm not sure how comfortable the controls might be,

swii26 said:
Its kinda crazy that an indie developer is able to this and other AAA developers couldn't. Can't wait to see actual gameplay. It definitely has my interest!!

It's happened before. Shin'en is a 5 man team and they produced better results on GBA, DS, 3DS, and Wii than almost any "AAA" dev.

Yes, it's crazy, but not unprecendented. ;)