By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is up with the crazy PS3 attach rate in Europe?

@Munkeh: Are you sure there's no Starter Pack in the UK? It's the only option i have seen last week. Since it's everywhere else in Europe, it would sound strange UK not having one.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

@bdbdbd

The basic PS3 start pack we have in the UK is the console plus a controller for £300. No bundles or anything like that (the £350 which includes 2 games is practically nonexistant because of the below).

Beyond that, different shops choose to set different deals, for example Zavvi.co.uk do 3 deals. £300 with Burnout, £350 with 3 games (including a choice from a load of first party and DMC4 and Burnout) or £335 with 3 blu-ray movies. GAME has similar but generally not as good deals, ditto with HMV. Play.com only has 3 deals at the moment. But majority of stores sell the PS3 on it's own.

Hmm, pie.

I agree with Munkeeh111. PS3 owners are more likely to have more money then those who could not even afford 50 more Euro for a superior product to the 360. Hardware and quality wise that is. (oh boy, I am going to have to wear the anti flame suit again for stating the obvious)

Also, piracy has a lot to do with lower attach rates in Europe and that again connects to the lower sales of 360 games. 16 and poor? Get the cheaper 360 and use the 50 you save to mod it and play.

Last but not least, Europeans care about the quality of their hardware and that's why both the Wii and PS3 do well here and the 360 has been doing a lot less once those 2 consoles appeared on the market.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

since it was launched in europe i've bought 11 games, that's an average of 1 per month, and that's the roughly the average for most of my friends who own ps3s, may seem al lot but then 60 euros per month is not that much

bdbdbd said:
@Munkeh: Are you sure there's no Starter Pack in the UK? It's the only option i have seen last week. Since it's everywhere else in Europe, it would sound strange UK not having one.

All starter packs are gone, game is a good examples of the PS3 bundles avaliable, and amazon

Basically, there is no official deal

Around the Network

Yeah I got my PS3 about a month after launch (when it was still £425!) and I have 9 games. I would have 10 but it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a copy of call of duty 4.

Yes

The reason is simple, their is a diverse line-up of PS3 games now.

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Halo 3 (X360), Brain Age (NDS), Pokemon Diamond (NDS), Warhawk (PS3) 

@Fury&Munkeh: Ok. I'm not going to start arguing since you obviously know better. But is this the situation with supermarkets etc. which tends to sell stuff "as is"? And did they sell starter packs at all last week.
Anyway, that was just UK, we need to know the situation in other countries too.

If certain software gets boosted when new bundle is introduced, i think it's pretty obvious that what have had something to do with it. And of course the thing i forgot, some PS3 games came down 50% in price after christmas/during january and people are starting to buy stuff again in february after the january lull.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

@ bdbdbd, starter packs have been gone for a while, and I think GAME is the leading retailer of games

Because in Europe, Sony has been faaaaaaaaaaaaaar dominant last generations with PS and PS2, so many games have a "Sony" image.

Thus, people here tend to get the PS3 version of the game they had on PS2.

Also, most 360 may be already affected by RoD...

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !