By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Megaton Rumor: Epic games might reveal their next game on the PS4AllAcess event. might be exclusive?

Do you think Epic will announce their new game at the PS event on the 14th?

Yes, as a Playstation exclusive 51 37.50%

Yes, but it will be a multiplatform game 47 34.56%

No, they wont announce anything at the event 9 6.62%

Epics next game will be MS exclusive 2 1.47%

Vita is a flop 16 11.76%

See results 11 8.09%

Total:136
Kresnik said:
I know it's highly likely anyway, but I'd also just like to throw my hat into the ring for: pleaseeee don't be Gears of War.

Nothing against the IP. I'm sure it's a lot of fun for a lot of people. But I am not one of those people. Really not my cup of tea.

Anyway, kinda hope it's Fortnite. Think that game showed a lot of promise, when we last saw it at least.

Agreed, gears was highly overrrated anyway, found them repetitive and boring.  First game I bought when I bought my 360. New IP please. Gears was only as hyped as it was because it was an xbox exclusive with MS advertising behind it.

Around the Network

So firstly, is it even clear that Epic that Epic own the Gears IP?

Secondly, I think it is unlikely that it will actually be a PS exclusive

Epic have been incredibly quiet recently, with news of EA and others creating their own engines and the Cry Engine getting great press they do need something to show off the UE 4. The only news recently has been that People Can Fly have been renamed Epic Games Poland and are working on Fortnite (I take it that is since Gears Judgement shipped)

So the question remains, what has their main studio been doing since Gears 3? It's been 2 years, so you'd think they would have a game to go along with their Engine, which very few games seem to be using. So, I'd imagine that we will get some game announcement from them which isn't Fortnite, but probably not coming out for another year

Dream scenario is that they are releasing Shadow Complex 2 and Chair are going to stop making stupid iOS games

BloodyRain said:
Gotta go with jay on this one. Not sure why they would make gears exclusive to the ps4 since there fans are on the ms side. It will prob be a new ip that might be exclusive.

why would insomniac make xbone exclusive when their fanbase has been on playstation for almost 20 years?

Kane1389 said:
BloodyRain said:
Gotta go with jay on this one. Not sure why they would make gears exclusive to the ps4 since there fans are on the ms side. It will prob be a new ip that might be exclusive.

why would insomniac make xbone exclusive when their fanbase has been on playstation for almost 20 years?

hmm, it's not an exisitng ip though? It's a new one.

"an epic night" 

"epic"

I'm not that much of a GoW fan but my friends love it so it'd help the PS4 a lot I think. 

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
BloodyRain said:

Insomniac has already branched out though.  They made Fuse which was on both PS3 and 360.

Kresnik said:
I know it's highly likely anyway, but I'd also just like to throw my hat into the ring for: pleaseeee don't be Gears of War.

Nothing against the IP. I'm sure it's a lot of fun for a lot of people. But I am not one of those people. Really not my cup of tea.

Anyway, kinda hope it's Fortnite. Think that game showed a lot of promise, when we last saw it at least.

it isnt. Phil spencer comment on a podcast that they and epic are not working on a new gears game. so actually the only way it can be a gears game is if it were Sony exclusive, and i doubt gears would become a sony exclusive. if epics new game is PS exclusive i think it would be a new ip

BloodyRain said:
Kane1389 said:
BloodyRain said:

hmm, it's not an exisitng ip though? It's a new one.

well, they couldnt make any of their old IPs since they are all owned by SCE. What Epic developed IPs does MS own?

Euphoria14 said:
Xen said:
Euphoria14 said:
Xen said:
Euphoria14 said:
PLEASE!!!!!!! BE A NEW UNREAL TOURNAMENT!!!!

Please be a GOOD Unreal Tournament...

Screw you bro, I loved UT3.

Can't hear you over the sound of the minigun in UT1999...

...still the best

Unreal Tournament, the best multiplayer only FPS. Anyone who opposes has yet to see the light.

Counter strike has gotta be in that mix too

Kane1389 said:
BloodyRain said:

Teh cloud!!