By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
RealGamingExpert said:
I find it sad that people are more hyped about Zelda MM 3D than about Splatoon...

It's not sad, it is logical. I think it is because the average IQ of Nintendo fans are higher than that of other "gamers", partly as a result of them being experienced gamers (who are playing games for more than thirty years). Splatoon looks great, but is still an unknown entity at this point. Whether or not Nintendo made it or not, it is still an unknown. To "hype" it is just as ridiculous as hyping that new Chinese resturaunt that opened.... before tasting the food. Majora's Mask, however, is a known entity built on a franchise that has proven time and time again to be excellent.

Hyping Splatoon just because it is a "new" franchise is a behaviour typical of the lesser intelligent folks out there, who end up returning games more often than not. Note that great Nintendo's games [like Majora's Mask] keep their value over time, unlike "new franchises" from many other devs that get hyped and then quickly forgotten. ;)

Around the Network

North American eShop releases for the week:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/nintendo_download_6th_november_north_america

Still no sign of the Donkey Kong Country & Donkey Kong Land trilogies :(

Quick Question : Fire Emblem Awakening, Ocarina of Time 3D or Majora's Mask 3D?

spurgeonryan said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

MM is chaotic, but after the 100th time having the moon crash into terra, it gets old and siul crushing!

So, which one would you say I should get first? (Next year.)

WhiteEaglePL said:

Well, Ocarina of Time is one of my all-time favorite games.. but Fire Emblem Awakening was a pretty great game as well. I would go for either of those before Majora's Mask though, they're both older titles so you'd be able to get them for cheaper (unless you buy digital).

Around the Network

Thanks for the advice! I'm leaning towards FE:A since I saw that in a local game shop before. But I have time before MM 3D to decide.

(dat special edition tho lol.)

Awakening is an excellent title. You should get that.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

What would you rate the Nintendo Direct?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192917&page=1

spurgeonryan said:

CoD could still release at any point this year and it nof be too late, after that though .....it is pushing it.

Well, not Advanced Warfare, only some Miiverse kids believe that.

We don't know what happened to the Treyarch Wii U porting team. They brought Nuketown 2025 to BO2, so not everyone was fired after the last Ghosts patch.

Maybe the team said that their usual 9-10 month cycle to port a game to Wii U wasn't enough (shoddy ports, no DLC) and they bring the next Treyarch CoD to Wii U with a longer development time. That would also mean that there weren't enough resources to bring Advanced Warfare to Wii U and Activision didn't want to hire another team to port the game. And the Wii U install base will be several times higher in Nov 2015 compared to Nov 2013 when Ghosts came out.

Just some speculations, but be sure that AW is not coming.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker: new batch of screenshots