By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
ktay95 said:
8/10 because the online mode makes me look like a casual. I want items damn it, they're half the fun

I'm glad there are others like me.

Items make Super Smash the fun craziness that it is, ad a truly skilled person can use and dodge items to their advantage. :)

Around the Network

Good battles Slarvax! If you're wondering why I had Infernape used Fake Out against Aegislash, it's because I thought he knew Earthquake, but it was actually Rock Slide, so I didn't have anything better to do that turn since I thought you would King's Shield! Now that I think about it, Rock Slide still woulda been the best choice! xD

Ook... This megaevolutions are way too strong! And I need to do some fixes in my current team, my hariyama is too weak D: I'll probably switch him for a Mega Ampharos I just worked on, while I fix Hariyama...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

8/10
Online could have been more in depth.
As in will there be voice chat with friends or just lobby based
will we be able to play online co op?

Also pissed me off that 3ds gets released first. but Im getting both anyway so i can wait i guess.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Slarvax said:
Ook... This megaevolutions are way too strong! And I need to do some fixes in my current team, my hariyama is too weak D: I'll probably switch him for a Mega Ampharos I just worked on, while I fix Hariyama...

Yeah, but Mega Venasaur was mainly good against ya cause half your team weak to him while you had no one who could supereffective him!

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
Did anyone here get the joke that he made at the begining saying "yes I'm still alive?" I don't really get it.

It's because he was injured or something like that and it got in the way of SSB development, some fans were concern.

Solid 10 direct note here! I loved every minute of it!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I'm going to be a negative Nancy and give the Direct a 5/10.

Seriously, I know that there was a lot of cool stuff, but this Direct lasted almost 40 minutes! For comparison's sake, here's what we got in the similarly lengthed February 2014 Direct:

• A Smash Bros Newcomer (Little Mac)
  • A Mario Golf trailer and release date
  • A Kirby 3D trailer and release date
  • A Yoshi's New Island trailer and release date
  • A Professor Layton 6 trailer
  • A Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate release window
  • Nintendo's first wave of free to play games
  • NES Remix 2
  • Various other eShop titles
  • A last-minute Donkey Kong plugin
  • A Mario Kart 8 trailer with 7 new characters
  • The first X footage in ages
  • A Bayonetta 2 trailer

So when I heard this ND was about the same length, and would be focusing on just Smash Bros, I was hyped! What did we get?

• Two disparate release windows
  • A mode for the handheld version
  • Some neat details on multiplayer
  • Character tweaks
  • Yoshi and Charizard are returning
  • Greninja is new
  • Customizable movesets... in local play only

With over half an hour, Sakurai and/or Nintendo had the job at convincing people that Super Smash Bros was the biggest game coming out in the near future, for Wii U and for 3DS. Neither platform has a great list of upcoming games, so convincing people that Smash Bros 4 was huge was important. What I got from this was that Smash Bros 4 would be in many ways the most conservative Smash Bros game yet. New characters are scarce, returnign characters are worringly unannounced (Jigglypuff...), the Wii U will likely have a drought lasting five or six months after Mario Kart 8, and the coolest aspect of the new games, character customization, is relegated to a novelty for a single player or their circle of friends.

In conclusion: I think I'd rate this Direct higher if it were only 20 or so minutes and delivered most of the same core info, maybe just leaving out some of the explanations on character mechanics. But as a nearly 40 minute direct... bare in mind that even the E3 2013 Direct was only about 45 minutes, and I wouldn't give that a 10/10 either.

5/10

Love and tolerate.

I understand your frustrations Salnax, but it was clearly said before that this was a Smash Bros. direct, so you can't really complain about it including Smash Bros. only :P

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Salnax said:
  • Two disparate release windows
  • A mode for the handheld version
  • Some neat details on multiplayer
  • Character tweaks
  • Yoshi and Charizard are returning
  • Greninja is new
  • Customizable movesets... in local play only

lol there was much more...

@Topic

10/10. I had tears in my eyes with all the awesome and funny stuff. Can't wait for the game *3*