By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
JEMC said:
Salnax said:

3DS News: December 29, 2013

• A Castlevania title apparently came out this year for the 3DS. I'm going to have to hire an elite team of experts to pin down the release date.

You have bad memory...

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71414/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate/

Going by our numbers, it has bombed hard.

They should have stuck with the handheld formula from the GBA/DS Metroidvania ones. Trying to make a handheld version of a HD game should have raised more red flags than you can count Dracula Ressurections.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
JEMC said:
Salnax said:

• A Castlevania title apparently came out this year for the 3DS. I'm going to have to hire an elite team of experts to pin down the release date.

You have bad memory...

They should have stuck with the handheld formula from the GBA/DS Metroidvania ones. Trying to make a handheld version of a HD game should have raised more red flags than you can count Dracula Ressurections.

Well, the DS Castlevanias were that way, so I applaud Konami for trying something else. And it isn't a bad game.

Unfortunately it didn't work, and now they'll launch it for home consoles and PC.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

osed125 said:
Slarvax said:
  • Hackers do stuff to Wii U! (possitive stuff, nothing about piracy)

The link to the video doesn't work anymore...know where I can find it? Looks very interesting.

Edit: found it, go to the 47 min mark. He plays Wind Waker on the Gamepad from the Dolphin emulator on his PC...that's freaking amazing!!!

That is pretty damn cool! But at any rate, surely this will lead to the console being compromised faster, no?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

JEMC said:
lestatdark said:
JEMC said:
Salnax said:

You have bad memory...

Well, the DS Castlevanias were that way, so I applaud Konami for trying something else. And it isn't a bad game.

Unfortunately it didn't work, and now they'll launch it for home consoles and PC.

It isn't a bad game, but it doesn't work in the handheld environment, at least not in the fashion that most Castlevania fans want out of a handheld experience. 

Trying something new isn't always a good thing, especially if you don't screen your options correctly. This is especially disheartening since this is Capcom we're speaking off, they might just kill Castlevania in the handheld department just because this game, which was doomed to low sales from the start, did so poorly. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
JEMC said:
lestatdark said:
JEMC said:
Salnax said:

You have bad memory...

It isn't a bad game, but it doesn't work in the handheld environment, at least not in the fashion that most Castlevania fans want out of a handheld experience. 

Trying something new isn't always a good thing, especially if you don't screen your options correctly. This is especially disheartening since this is Capcom we're speaking off, they might just kill Castlevania in the handheld department just because this game, which was doomed to low sales from the start, did so poorly. 

Well, if Konami (not Capcom) decides to kill the handheld Castlevanias, it won't be only because of this game. The other 3 games that launched on the DS and were "traditional", didn't sell very well either:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=CASTLEVANIA&publisher=&platform=DS&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

The best selling is the first one, Dawn of Sorrow and it sold less than 400k copies.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Out of curiosity, do people want to do some Mario Kart another night? Saturday would be good for me, but Einsam has his LM2 going (which I can do this week! I've even set a reminder!), but what about Thursday night? Or Monday night, even?

Also, I've sorta got (after a lot of hard work and frustration) the coins and GOTY categories up. I'll try and put them up on Wednesday, but it could go terribly wrong. If not then it'll be Monday at the latest when I get my laptop back. Please understand!

Oh, and just to be sure, I am not abandoning this thread. I have a few ideas and any more to attack more users and mix things up a bit would be much appreciated! So if people could just bear with this for the next few days, and keep doing the excellent work you're already doing here, it would be much appreciated from me!

I think that's all I wanted to say. Any questions from anyone?

Conegamer said:
Out of curiosity, do people want to do some Mario Kart another night? Saturday would be good for me, but Einsam has his LM2 going (which I can do this week! I've even set a reminder!), but what about Thursday night? Or Monday night, even?

Also, I've sorta got (after a lot of hard work and frustration) the coins and GOTY categories up. I'll try and put them up on Wednesday, but it could go terribly wrong. If not then it'll be Monday at the latest when I get my laptop back. Please understand!

Oh, and just to be sure, I am not abandoning this thread. I have a few ideas and any more to attack more users and mix things up a bit would be much appreciated! So if people could just bear with this for the next few days, and keep doing the excellent work you're already doing here, it would be much appreciated from me!

I know I'm not the best one to get involved (as I don't have a 3DS and all that), but wouldn't Wednesday the 1st be a better option given that most of the people won't have work or school?

So this was the last poll, a result which intrigues me greatly:

Next franchise to be revised?

F-Zero 41 20.92%

StarFox 48 24.49%

Earthbound 36 18.37%

Metroid Prime 50 25.51%

Other 14 7.14%

Ha! It's Hintendo! Who cares! EWWWWWW!!! 7 3.57%

Total: 196

So I'm going to be honest, I put in Metroid Prime as a bit of a joke, as it were. But surprisingly it was the result which got the most votes! I guess people just want to have Retro do what they do best. However, this also shows that almost all Nintendo Franchises are wanted, so maybe 2014?

Speaking of which, we are nearing the end of this year. And what a year it was, eh? I've got a bit of a Nintendo montage coming, so look out for that. But let's look forward to next year. What exactly do you want from Nintendo? Is it a price cut? Better online? A hardware revision? A new IP? Something else? Id like to see what Miyamoto is doing personally, but better online would be nice also.

JEMC said:
Conegamer said:

I know I'm not the best one to get involved (as I don't have a 3DS and all that), but wouldn't Wednesday the 1st be a better option given that most of the people won't have work or school?

Noaw that is a good idea. Thanks!

JEMC said:
lestatdark said:
JEMC said:
lestatdark said:
JEMC said:
Salnax said:

You have bad memory...

Well, if Konami (not Capcom) decides to kill the handheld Castlevanias, it won't be only because of this game. The other 3 games that launched on the DS and were "traditional", didn't sell very well either:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=CASTLEVANIA&publisher=&platform=DS&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

The best selling is the first one, Dawn of Sorrow and it sold less than 400k copies.

Dear goddess, how the hell did I mix those two up?. Also, 400K copies, for a castlevania game is good, it's the 12th best selling Castlevania game. Symphony of the Night mustn't have crossed the 1.5M threshold when counting both the PS and Saturn versions, and it's considered widely as the best castlevania game ever made.

Current PC Build