By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
TheSting said:
Conegamer said:
TheSting said:
What is a amiibo and why are they hot right now?

An Amiibo is a little bit like a toy you'd use for Skylanders or Disney Infinity, apart from they're all Nintendo characters. You scan them in using the GamePad, and each game using them differently. So for Smash, for example, an Amiibo is a fighter who can be customised and levelled up, getting stronger in the process. In Mario Kart, certain Amiibos can be used to get costumes for your Miis, and in Hyrule Warriors they can be used to get Rupees and Items. 

They're so big right now because they're Nintendo characters, and people like to have that edge in Smash Bros. More importantly it seems like the run of fighters will be incredibly limited in some cases, thus artificially inflating demand.

And no, I don't have any.

Thank ya sir. I'll be getting a WiiU later this year and ask and post more in this thread then. 

That's pretty cool. Hope you enjoy your Wii U! What game are you getting for it?

Also those Xenoblade comparisons are good. What downgrades?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/confirm.do

Goodbye digital deluxe program. I just used my last code for 3ds eshop games for my kid.

You were great old friend!

Aww, sad to see it go. I got a lot of use out of it, certainly made me consider digital purchases more often on the Wii U.

I believe Iwata said in an interview that he liked the idea of the Digital Deluxe program, so maybe it'll be something that shows up in their next game console as well.

WhiteEaglePL said:
:O Pikmin sold 1M?!!!???

Also, Hyrule Warriors is 900K by now, no?

VGC has Pikmin at .87M Probably at 1M counting digital.

Hyrule Warriors will hit 800K next week.

Conegamer said:
TheSting said:
Conegamer said:
TheSting said:
What is a amiibo and why are they hot right now?

An Amiibo is a little bit like a toy you'd use for Skylanders or Disney Infinity, apart from they're all Nintendo characters. You scan them in using the GamePad, and each game using them differently. So for Smash, for example, an Amiibo is a fighter who can be customised and levelled up, getting stronger in the process. In Mario Kart, certain Amiibos can be used to get costumes for your Miis, and in Hyrule Warriors they can be used to get Rupees and Items. 

They're so big right now because they're Nintendo characters, and people like to have that edge in Smash Bros. More importantly it seems like the run of fighters will be incredibly limited in some cases, thus artificially inflating demand.

And no, I don't have any.

Thank ya sir. I'll be getting a WiiU later this year and ask and post more in this thread then. 

That's pretty cool. Hope you enjoy your Wii U! What game are you getting for it?

Smash and MK i know for now. May wait and see what and when the new system is launching 

Conegamer said:

There seems to be more color and less fire in the ship one, there are more rock formations in one of them, and the last one(?) has a different time of day, so there isn't mist, and the lighting is different so can't really say on there. But the trees look sharper and the rock was reduced on the right.

Around the Network

Games sell too slow after release.....

Clyde32 said:

There seems to be more color and less fire in the ship one, there are more rock formations in one of them, and the last one(?) has a different time of day, so there isn't mist, and the lighting is different so can't really say on there. But the trees look sharper and the rock was reduced on the right.

Well, the right one has more motion blur, not necessarily reduced textures and the treehouse stream seems to be more compressed in general.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Games sell too slow after release.....

Not games with legs. 

Another interesting tidbit. Just Dance 2015 is outpacing Just Dance 2014, and it should be able to outsell JD2014 within 2 weeks. Not a fact, just a possibility. It has already outsold JD4. We're talking about the Wii U version. It's the second highest selling version of the game. But it has the potential to be the first thrid party game to sell a million on the Wii U. If ZombiU or Lego City don't beat it there. 

episteme said:
Clyde32 said:

Well, the right one has more motion blur, not necessarily reduced textures and the treehouse stream seems to be more compressed in general.

I was talking about the gif when I said the last one. The last picture is just added motion blur.

Oh guys I forgot to inform you here!New3ds/xl reached 1.238M sales in Japan,surpassed dsi sales in the same time frame(Okay barely,but it's worth to mention that)1.238M vs 1.231M!

Lastly,it outdid ps vita's ytd sales or 2014 sales if someone doesn't know what ytd is,in just two years and a half!N3DS/XL 1.238M vs 1.169M PSVITA

Probably,new3ds/xl will pass psvita's  LTD sales sometime in 2015!:P