By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

You're probably looking too much into it, but Nintendo have surprised before, so who knows!

We live in hope.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
JEMC said:

Good work, detective.

But now I think that maybe we're fooling ourselves. It's a theatre, right? A place to show movies. And who made short films about Pikmins? Could they just use that theatre to play those movies open to all E3 attendees?

Thanks!

It could be that aswell. But assuming things is more entertaining! :D
Seriously now, it could really be Pikmin, but at the same time, after more than 6 months of making it available, why rent a space to show it off? I still think it's for something new.

And why would they make a Smash tournament 6 months after its launch?

So far the possible uses that I see for it are:

• Several Online tournaments: Smash and Splatoon are obvious choices but with 3 days they could also go with Mario Kart and others.
  • Simply to show off the Pikmin movies.
  • Use it behind closed doors to talk to the business retailers that attend E3 and explain their QoL "thingy".
  • Who knows? It's Nintendo!

I'd certainly prefer the first one, but can always count on the last one.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
DélioPT said:
JEMC said:

Good work, detective.

But now I think that maybe we're fooling ourselves. It's a theatre, right? A place to show movies. And who made short films about Pikmins? Could they just use that theatre to play those movies open to all E3 attendees?

Thanks!

It could be that aswell. But assuming things is more entertaining! :D
Seriously now, it could really be Pikmin, but at the same time, after more than 6 months of making it available, why rent a space to show it off? I still think it's for something new.

And why would they make a Smash tournament 6 months after its launch?

So far the possible uses that I see for it are:

• Several Online tournaments: Smash and Splatoon are obvious choices but with 3 days they could also go with Mario Kart and others.
  • Simply to show off the Pikmin movies.
  • Use it behind closed doors to talk to the business retailers that attend E3 and explain their QoL "thingy".
  • Who knows? It's Nintendo!

I'd certainly prefer the first one, but can always count on the last one.

My only doubt about it is that of all the meeting rooms available, they chose one specific for animation pictures.
If they intended to let all their invitees be part of a tournament there were bigger meeting rooms there to choose from. Rooms that probably offer better conditions for that kinf of thing.

My guess is that they plan to show something in video form - hence choosing a theatre. It could still be Pikmin. Nintendo had a corner's kid this year, they could just aswell show Pikmin to kids next year.
Anything could happen there. I just think it's to show and not to play.

@Conegamer:

Maybe i am. But given Nintendo's history - or at least what i remember - some things can be excluded.
For example, product presentations are normally given to big audiences in Nokia Theatre. Even smaller one like this year's Smash roundtable, was given in a meeting room; 3DS showcase in 2012: a meeting room aswell. Even retail/investor presentations were in large halls.

I can't recall something like this, so my mind wanders! :D

EDIT: It seems i was wrong, the 3DS E3 2012 was in a theatre aswell.

Again, anything goes!

Well, only seven months to know >.<

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

You think that's bad? I have to wait until Boxing Day until I can play Smash! It's going to be painful

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

It won't be so hard to wait. I get distracted easily! :D

@Conegamer: Different kind of pain. You know what will happen in Boxing Day and that makes you impatient, eager to play it, but we don't know anything about Nintendo's intentions for next E3 and that makes us expectant to know more.

@DélioPT: Lucky you

Oh no.. now that you say Pikmin movies, I'm scared to think that might actually be the room's purpose. Its Miyamoto's pet project, and Nintendo seems to give him whatever he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if Miyamoto asked Nintendo to set aside room so he could show those movies to fans/the press.

I can only hope that's not the case though -_-

Conegamer said:
JEMC said:

You think that's bad? I have to wait until Boxing Day until I can play Smash! It's going to be painful

You think THAT'S bad?! I have to wait for christmas so my sister visits us. And she might not have bought the game!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-says-zelda-wii-us-visuals-were-inspired-by-japanese-animation/