By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hackers working overtime: Wii Hacked

http://www.qj.net/Twilight-Hack-v0-1-Alpha-1-Nintendo-Wii-fully-exploited/pg/49/aid/113464

Apparently, Zelda: Twilight Princess is needed. Proof video:

Around the Network

I tested this on my Wii last night and it does work.

And before anyone asks, RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN is the PAL version (this is what I tested with), even though it has a JPN tag.

is this real?

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

It doesn't look any more amazing than Datel's Power Saves Action Replay disc to me.

d21lewis said:
It doesn't look any more amazing than Datel's Power Saves Action Replay disc to me.

The Action Replay doesn't run in Wii mode, which means that any homebrew executed through it doesn't have access to Wii exclusive features (Wiimote, SD slot, etc...). This exploit allows code to be run in Wii mode, which will give people access to all its features.

Around the Network
Katilian said:
d21lewis said:

The Action Replay doesn't run in Wii mode, which means that any homebrew executed through it doesn't have access to Wii exclusive features (Wiimote, SD slot, etc...). This exploit allows code to be run in Wii mode, which will give people access to all its features.

There's a Wii version too. You can only download saves from Datel's web site to an SD card, though. Then you put the card in your Wii. You need a PC, and an SD card reader/writer cable, though. It's real. I bought it from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago! You can also use it to copy music and videos from the net to play on your Wii, too. Spiffy little device, that.

Zelda. What a waste of a hack. Should have done SSBB or SMG.

d21lewis said:
Katilian said:
d21lewis said:

There's a Wii version too. You can only download saves from Datel's web site to an SD card, though. Then you put the card in your Wii. You need a PC, and an SD card reader/writer cable, though. It's real. I bought it from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago! You can also use it to copy music and videos from the net to play on your Wii, too. Spiffy little device, that.

Power saves are different to action replay. While the power saves are pretty cool since it requires them to hack about ths saves, the device itself is just an SD card. Action Replay on the other hand works basically as a loader. You insert the disc into the console, select your game and cheats, and then insert your game, and the Action replay modifies the necessary values in memory. This cannot currently be done on the Wii in Wiimode (I'm positive there is an action replay for gc that works in the Wii however).

What they have done here is executed unsigned code. The exciting part isn't the hacked save itself, but the fact the hacked save has allowed them to access the full use of the console. While it might no look like much here, this opens the doors for wii native homebrew to be developed.

Katilian said:
d21lewis said:
Katilian said:
d21lewis said:

Power saves are different to action replay. While the power saves are pretty cool since it requires them to hack about ths saves, the device itself is just an SD card. Action Replay on the other hand works basically as a loader. You insert the disc into the console, select your game and cheats, and then insert your game, and the Action replay modifies the necessary values in memory. This cannot currently be done on the Wii in Wiimode (I'm positive there is an action replay for gc that works in the Wii however).

What they have done here is executed unsigned code. The exciting part isn't the hacked save itself, but the fact the hacked save has allowed them to access the full use of the console. While it might no look like much here, this opens the doors for wii native homebrew to be developed.

But the disc I'm holding in my hands right now says "Power Saves: Powered by Action Replay." I have that exact same power save! They didn't actually show us ANYTHING!! Look at the video again. All they did was load data from an SD card. When the next video comes out, THEN I'll be a believer. In the meantime....... ......and I had the Action Replay for the Gamecube. It worked fine on my Wii.....until Nintendo had me download an update for my console. Now, the Action Replay disc is useless. If this hack did turn out to be real, a future console update would likely "brick" any hacked Wii's (and many top games like -Mario Galaxy- have the update on their disc). As it stands, the "Wii hack" is bogus, though. Sorry.

d21lewis said:

But the disc I'm holding in my hands right now says "Power Saves: Powered by Action Replay." I have that exact same power save! They didn't actually show us ANYTHING!! Look at the video again. All they did was load data from an SD card. When the next video comes out, THEN I'll be a believer. In the meantime....... ......and I had the Action Replay for the Gamecube. It worked fine on my Wii.....until Nintendo had me download an update for my console. Now, the Action Replay disc is useless. If this hack did turn out to be real, a future console update would likely "brick" any hacked Wii's (and many top games like -Mario Galaxy- have the update on their disc). As it stands, the "Wii hack" is bogus, though. Sorry.

Ok, I just went for a walk and I realised something. See all the text and linux penguin, you haven't realise that that is actually running on the Wii, have you? Download the save yourself and check it out.

Edit: Here is a higher quality picture of someone running it so you can actually see what the screen says.  http://www.dev-scene.com/images/6/6f/IMGP1174.JPG