By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Supposed Reddit Xbox Dev Tries To Give PC Titanfall Owners The Finger

PullusPardus said:
Xen said:
PullusPardus said:
Its funny Microsoft is riding on the Titanfall hype , they always focus on third party stuff rather than their own, why hell do they always do that? you have great talented first party developers USE THEM instead of spending money on developers who don't give two fucks about you when they get their game out.

Mmph, that's why: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171130

thats dumb, and Gears Of War of all games too, create something unique like Project Spark.

It's PR. It sides generally sides with the common denominator (being wider appealing, higher selling), though Sony PR has been pushing indies quite hard lately.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Raven722 said:
J_Allard said:
Raven722 said:

Considering that I was already going to buy it on PC prior to the announcement of total exclusivity and it had nothing to do with not wanting to buy an X1 but rather because I prefer my FPS games on PC, no. I was not one of those gamers. He did, however, make me want to be one with that comment. You don't seem to understand how bad this can be for MS's PR, do you? He is absolutely giving the finger to people, regardless of whatever defense of his you wish to rush to, and that is NEVER a good thing to do because you piss off potential customers. Even if they weren't buying an X1 for Titanfall they may have been later for other reasons. MS's PR has been a joke this entire time. From Mattrick's idiotic comments prior to the 180, to Nelson's remarks about the X1's capabilities that he later has to shove his foot in his mouth for, to the lies and evasive maneuvers over the resolution of third-party games, and now what many Xbox fans have called a credible Reddit source in the past telling PC gamers to basically "suck it" over Titanfall for not buying an X1 for it. Yeah. Bang up job. He may be responding to fanboys mostly, but that is still a very bad PR move and still not even accurate to combat fanboyism with because you're basically saying, "HAH! You gave us $100 for an OS instead of $620 (plus recurring $60 yearly) to  help us justify making it console exclusive and helping us pay off the losses we take on every console!". Pretty weak. Very funny to comprehend.

This long, angry reply just confirms what I said. You are one of the people he is referring to and he is exactly right.

Not angry at all, actually. I was laughing as I typed it out if we're being honest. Since you have nothing else to reply with but a logical fallacy shall I assume you're just as butthurt as he was? :]

Well he doesn't seem butt hurt at all so I guess your assumption is correct. As for the fallacy, again all it takes is reading your previous reply. Why does it bother you so much that this guy was right? Actually I don't care, the reply will be boring but go ahead and have the last word anyway.

It's not a bother. It's funny to me because it's a terrible argument from someone who didn't seem to like certain people saying they'll get it on PC. It was butthurt. Come on though, we have something in common. We'll both be playing Titanfall in March. I just know that I won't need a subscription for it and I'll be spending $100 less for the other next gen console. I'm sure the rumors of it being 720p are bogus like all the others....oh. Right. Well I'm certain it will be in glorious native...excuse me....upscaled 1080p. ;)

Raven722 said:
J_Allard said:

Well he doesn't seem butt hurt at all so I guess your assumption is correct. As for the fallacy, again all it takes is reading your previous reply. Why does it bother you so much that this guy was right? Actually I don't care, the reply will be boring but go ahead and have the last word anyway.

It's not a bother. It's funny to me because it's a terrible argument from someone who didn't seem to like certain people saying they'll get it on PC. It was butthurt. Come on though, we have something in common. We'll both be playing Titanfall in March. I just know that I won't need a subscription for it and I'll be spending $100 less for the other next gen console. I'm sure the rumors of it being 720p are bogus like all the others....oh. Right. Well I'm certain it will be in glorious native...excuse me....upscaled 1080p. ;)

wow, you're 30?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
Raven722 said:
J_Allard said:

wow, you're 30?

Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows? You're never too old to have a little fun though. :D

Raven722 said:
Mendicate Bias said:

wow, you're 30?

Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows? You're never too old to have a little fun though. :D

You're comments aren't funny, their immature. Play what you want and stop being so insecure about your decisions, you're a grown man.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
Raven722 said:
Mendicate Bias said:

wow, you're 30?

You're comments aren't funny, their immature. Play what you want and stop being so insecure about your decisions, you're a grown man.

It was fun for me. I'm actually quite mature but from time to time I like to just let my inner child run around. You should try it. Will really help you to not become a bitter and boring person when you get older. It is not insecurity in the slightest. I found the guy's retort to what others were saying comical when you put things into perspective. This guy didn't like it and tried to downplay me and hand me insults in his own little way. So I responded. Now go tell someone else how to behave and see how far it gets you. You'll quickly find nearly everyone you try it with won't find you important enough to care.

People are looking for something to justify their hatred towards MS.
Maybe some of us need to stay away from the plastic box a little bit to clear the cloud off of our brains.

It's impressive how people have a hive mind on the internet. Every MS/Xbox article is plagued with hateful comments towards a company that they don't want any relationship with. Group think is a very powerful thing and I believe there's a company that's capitalizing on all of this.

Goatseye said:
Maybe some of us need to stay away from the plastic box a little bit to clear the cloud off of our brains.

It's impressive how people have a hive mind on the internet. Every MS/Xbox article is plagued with hateful comments towards a company that they don't want any relationship with. Group think is a very powerful thing and I believe there's a company that's capitalizing on all of this.

You do realize that bias behavior such as you described works both ways and with a great many examples of how often, right? I myself have no personal hatred towards Microsoft. It's a corporation doing what they do and you shouldn't expect much less. Hell, I like some of the games I've seen from them and I'm a big Halo fan. However, I don't think I'm the only one who has taken note of their continuous cock ups that usually involve lying to their consumers, throwing up smoke screens, or basically telling them to "deal with it".

If Microsoft would have done as Sony has with PR I would have no problem with them right now and I may even have considered buying an X1 at launch. But from their garbage reveal event all the way until now, I've just been wondering if this isn't just some big joke that I'm not in on. I have never seen such an otherwise well-oiled machine of a company make so many blunders towards their consumers. My hope is not that consumers like you or J Allard don't have fun with your purchases, rather that MS gets a huge slice of humble pie for their arrogance and stupidity. It can be hard to differentiate the two and I often find myself going about it wrong.

Raven722 said:
Goatseye said:

You do realize that bias behavior such as you described works both ways and with a great many examples of how often, right? I myself have no personal hatred towards Microsoft. It's a corporation doing what they do and you shouldn't expect much less. Hell, I like some of the games I've seen from them and I'm a big Halo fan. However, I don't think I'm the only one who has taken note of their continuous cock ups that usually involve lying to their consumers, throwing up smoke screens, or basically telling them to "deal with it".

If Microsoft would have done as Sony has with PR I would have no problem with them right now and I may even have considered buying an X1 at launch. But from their garbage reveal event all the way until now, I've just been wondering if this isn't just some big joke that I'm not in on. I have never seen such an otherwise well-oiled machine of a company make so many blunders towards their consumers. My hope is not that consumers like you or J Allard don't have fun with your purchases, rather that MS gets a huge slice of humble pie for their arrogance and stupidity. It can be hard to differentiate the two and I often find myself going about it wrong.

Well the market and the consumers of their product can talk with their wallet or go to appropriate forums to talk about it.

All I've seen from some folks is troll and that's it. No constructive comment or anything informative were brought out to justify juvenile behavior on every media outlet.

MS simply had a different vision for X1. I was up in arms with the initial reveal also because I like to travel and I would want to bring my X1 with me outside of the 13 allowed countries.I'm an Xbox division customer but I didn't start stamping #dealwithit on every internet page. It was mostly not MS customers that did that.

It wasn't because of the tamper tantrum that MS changed their minds but the pre-order numbers spoke louder than some bullies on Youtube and every other gaming website.

And since the reverse of policies, MS has seen a steady grow on their pre-order numbers and relationship w/ consumers. Same with W8. Due to a smart way to talk to business institutions.

Goatseye said:
Well the market and the consumers of their product can talk with their wallet or go to appropriate forums to talk about it.

All I've seen from some folks is troll and that's it. No constructive comment or anything informative were brought out to justify juvenile behavior on every media outlet.

MS simply had a different vision for X1. I was up in arms with the initial reveal also because I like to travel and I would want to bring my X1 with me outside of the 13 allowed countries.I'm an Xbox division customer but I didn't start stamping #dealwithit on every internet page. It was mostly not MS customers that did that.

It wasn't because of the tamper tantrum that MS changed their minds but the pre-order numbers spoke louder than some bullies on Youtube and every other gaming website.

And since the reverse of policies, MS has seen a steady grow on their pre-order numbers and relationship w/ consumers. Same with W8. Due to a smart way to talk to business institutions.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to constructively talk about it? Like I said. It works both aways. How many times has someone tried to talk about a shortcoming of the X1 and MS where someone immediately jumped their shit and defended MS as if it was their own mother and someone just called her a whore?

I understand that works the same for Sony but let's look at it this way. How many times has Sony made themselves look stupid compared to Microsoft? Which one of them has been consistent in its message and not try to bullshit its consumers? Which one of them came out right from the start and made it all about the gamers? The thing is, quite simply, that Sony has played this all so well that you really do have to grasp in order to try to find negativity. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but what is there is not as substantial as it has been for Team Green.

Meanwhile, MS's mouthpieces keep adding fuel to a fire that could have died a long time ago. Nelson... that guy just needs to shut the hell up. Seriously. A gag order needs to be issued on him. You're right. It wasn't internet temper tantrums that lead to changes. It was indeed pre-order numbers. Why were those pre-orders low? Internet temper tantrums that got the information out to millions of people in no time. It is quite effective to be loud about such things over the net. It is the most powerful communication and information sharing tool, obviously. Get even one person to find the dirt and suddenly the world knows about it.

Yes, Microsoft has seen some nice growth but they are also nowhere near out of the woods. I don't begrudge you for your choice. Nor any other person who decided to go to Xbox. I'm just not personally thrilled with how they've handled things.