By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Supposed Reddit Xbox Dev Tries To Give PC Titanfall Owners The Finger

Raven722 said:

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-dev-all-those-saying-theyll-buy-titanfall-on-pc-forget-who-makes-the-os

Well sir, considering that I will be buying through EA Origin means that Microsoft won't get a console sale out of me, thus not getting a game purchase out of me, and won't be getting any money from me for Xbox Live. I may have bought your OS for $100 but I'm not giving your gaming division squat from my purchase. So basically, my buying it on PC means I'm not spending $620 on your Xbox One.

Honestly, who actually buys Windows? Is there any way NOT to be included in the list of people eligable for a free download? I got Windows for free from my school and I got it for free again when I started visiting college. MS hasn't seen a single cent from me for their OS. I don't hold any grudges towards them, though (But also won't buy an XB1 for a while).

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
J_Allard said:
Raven722 said:

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-dev-all-those-saying-theyll-buy-titanfall-on-pc-forget-who-makes-the-os

Well sir, considering that I will be buying through EA Origin means that Microsoft won't get a console sale out of me, thus not getting a game purchase out of me, and won't be getting any money from me for Xbox Live. I may have bought your OS for $100 but I'm not giving your gaming division squat from my purchase. So basically, my buying it on PC means I'm not spending $620 on your Xbox One.

So then he was exactly right.

Who cares.

He said it to be spiteful because he knows MS will not really make anything on people who buy it for PC. Spending $100 that was not for the sole purpose of playing games and certainly wasn't for Titanfall vs spending $500 for the console, $60 for the game, and $60 to play it on Xbox Live. As a member of MS's gaming dvision, which do you think they would care more about? It was a butthurt comment and it made me laugh.

He is just responding to vitrol with vitrol. He's not projecting that to every person who buys the game on PC. He's putting it on people who are using it as some sort of crutch to spite MS. Both point of views are silly. But yeah, so you're one of the gamers he is referring to and he's exactly right.

Raven722 said:
CDiablo said:
Nice sensationalist title. Your gonna fit in well here.

Is that not what he did?

Clearly not. He just told some fanboys how it is. If you arent bootlegging or got windows for free, you gave MS(a company they hate) money. Giving them the finger would be saying that he doesnt want them to play the PC version.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

bananaking21 said:
well all i got to say to that xbox one dev is fuck you, your make it seem like people are buying windows now just for TitanFall when that isnt the case at all. every sale on PC will bring Microsoft 0 dollars. Very immature thing from a company as big as MS to say, MS's PR lately has been horrible, worse than Sony in 2006.

ill be playing the best version of TitanFall of my PC. xbox one version wont even come close to what my Rig can do.

Wow, talk about overreacting. >_> He was just pointing out that getting the game for PC means getting the game for Windows, a Microsoft product, and while you're not giving MS money for it (well, you did pay for the OS) you are supporting Windows as a gaming platform. There's nothing immature in his statement whatsoever.

wow, what a pathetic thing to say. Not very smart considering they are weeks away from launch and have spent the last 5 months trying to repair their image in the games media.

Around the Network

What a ridiculous response, especially with Steam OS right around the corner.

So they don't care if people don't buy the new console? Okay.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

deal with it!

...he added

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

J_Allard said:
Raven722 said:
J_Allard said:
Raven722 said:

So then he was exactly right.

Who cares.

He said it to be spiteful because he knows MS will not really make anything on people who buy it for PC. Spending $100 that was not for the sole purpose of playing games and certainly wasn't for Titanfall vs spending $500 for the console, $60 for the game, and $60 to play it on Xbox Live. As a member of MS's gaming dvision, which do you think they would care more about? It was a butthurt comment and it made me laugh.

He is just responding to vitrol with vitrol. He's not projecting that to every person who buys the game on PC. He's putting it on people who are using it as some sort of crutch to spite MS. Both point of views are silly. But yeah, so you're one of the gamers he is referring to and he's exactly right.

Considering that I was already going to buy it on PC prior to the announcement of total exclusivity and it had nothing to do with not wanting to buy an X1 but rather because I prefer my FPS games on PC, no. I was not one of those gamers. He did, however, make me want to be one with that comment. You don't seem to understand how bad this can be for MS's PR, do you? He is absolutely giving the finger to people, regardless of whatever defense of his you wish to rush to, and that is NEVER a good thing to do because you piss off potential customers. Even if they weren't buying an X1 for Titanfall they may have been later for other reasons. MS's PR has been a joke this entire time. From Mattrick's idiotic comments prior to the 180, to Nelson's remarks about the X1's capabilities that he later has to shove his foot in his mouth for, to the lies and evasive maneuvers over the resolution of third-party games, and now what many Xbox fans have called a credible Reddit source in the past telling PC gamers to basically "suck it" over Titanfall for not buying an X1 for it. Yeah. Bang up job. He may be responding to fanboys mostly, but that is still a very bad PR move and still not even accurate to combat fanboyism with because you're basically saying, "HAH! You gave us $100 for an OS instead of $620 (plus recurring $60 yearly) to  help us justify making it console exclusive and helping us pay off the losses we take on every console!". Pretty weak. Very funny to comprehend.

Raven722 said:

Considering that I was already going to buy it on PC prior to the announcement of total exclusivity and it had nothing to do with not wanting to buy an X1 but rather because I prefer my FPS games on PC, no. I was not one of those gamers. He did, however, make me want to be one with that comment. You don't seem to understand how bad this can be for MS's PR, do you? He is absolutely giving the finger to people, regardless of whatever defense of his you wish to rush to, and that is NEVER a good thing to do because you piss off potential customers. Even if they weren't buying an X1 for Titanfall they may have been later for other reasons. MS's PR has been a joke this entire time. From Mattrick's idiotic comments prior to the 180, to Nelson's remarks about the X1's capabilities that he later has to shove his foot in his mouth for, to the lies and evasive maneuvers over the resolution of third-party games, and now what many Xbox fans have called a credible Reddit source in the past telling PC gamers to basically "suck it" over Titanfall for not buying an X1 for it. Yeah. Bang up job. He may be responding to fanboys mostly, but that is still a very bad PR move and still not even accurate to combat fanboyism with because you're basically saying, "HAH! You gave us $100 for an OS instead of $620 (plus recurring $60 yearly) to  help us justify making it console exclusive and helping us pay off the losses we take on every console!". Pretty weak. Very funny to comprehend.

This long, angry reply just confirms what I said. You are one of the people he is referring to and he is exactly right.