By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony slashes full-year profit forecast by 40%

So something that doesn't bleed millions/billions of dollars and makes money for a company is a mistake?

And a gaming platform with fantastic software is a mistake for gamers?

Logic is missing somewhere.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

PS4 is really going to hurt Sony..... $399 is a great price but how much money will they lose per units?

They decided to undercut Microsoft but at what cost? They also using more expensive hardware then Microsoft, better rams and CPU.

MikeRox said:
So something that doesn't bleed millions/billions of dollars and makes money for a company is a mistake?

And a gaming platform with fantastic software is a mistake for gamers?

Logic is missing somewhere.

Yep.

Those two things are EXACTLY what I said. Way to address my points.

So we don't want profitable products, and we don't want good games.

I guess Atari Jaguar was one of the best decisions a company ever made then ;) Or maybe the Amiga CD32 is your favourite system.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

So we don't want profitable products, and we don't want good games.

I guess Atari Jaguar was one of the best decisions a company ever made then ;) Or maybe the Amiga CD32 is your favourite system.

Okay, okay. You're right.

PS Vita is a successful system for Sony, they couldn't have done much better in regards to hardware sales or software library.

Around the Network

No one can deny Sony has been great to gamers. They changed the face of gaming forever with
the PS and we (everyone) owe them some gratitude.

But maybe it is time for them to downsize. Stop trying to be the Sony of the past. Stop trying to
be everything for everybody and stick to fewer segments where they can be profitable and possibly
dominate.

Some people want the Vita to die and blame it for Sony's losses but not Sony's TV division? smh

tiffac said:
Some people want the Vita to die and blame it for Sony's losses but not Sony's TV division? smh

I want the Vita tooo live :)

think-man said:
tiffac said:

I want the Vita tooo live :)

Well right now we can just say the Vita is a walker. lol!

What is dead, can never die XD XD XD

Play4Fun said:

Oh please, from a business perspective, Vita is a mistake/failure. I'm sure Sony wanted it to do much, much better than it is doing now. It fell way below expectations.

And using the 'anyone who thinks Vita is a mistake isn't a gamer' line is such bs. That's like saying anyone who thinks the Dreamcast/GC were mistakes isn't a gamer just because a subset of people liked the library of games.

Vita is not a mistake, it's an incredible system. The mistake on Sony's part is supporting the PS3 way too long instead of supporting the Vita. Just compare the 2013 1st party lineup for both consoles. PS3 shouldn't have gotten a single PS3 game in 2013 or 2014, they all should already be divided between PSV and PS4. In 2013 Vita got only one AAA game in the West - Killzone. One game for the whole bloody year!! How many consoles have sold well with such a jampacked lineup? You can add Tearaway as the second game, but it's made by what, 11 people? It will be awesome, but if that's the best we get it really is a joke on Sony's part. Vita gets nothing and meanwhile PS3 gets a brand new IP from Naughty Dog, a new God of War, Ni No Kuni, Gran Turismo 6(why?), Puppeteer (why? Just why?), Rain, Beyond - as if it was still in the middle of the fight with the X360! X360 got just a single 1st party game in 2013 and somehow it's still ok, nobody cares - cause PS3 and X360 are already DONE!! Nobody cares! So why the hell is Sony still supporting it? And MS hasn't got another platform starving for exclusives! Seriously, Sony is acting as if it really mattered how many PS3's these games pushed in 2013. As if such late adopters would give Sony more money than potential early Vita adopters. The person responsible for not ordering to turn all these games into PSV exclusives (Shu?) should be fired on the spot, because he singlehandedly marginalised this platform (I still hope it's not killed yet, but I'm losing faith).

To sum up - Vita is incredible. The 2013 support is a mistake. No platform will be successful without support. Sony's stupidity in 2013 is one of epic proportions and I'm actually surprised Vita is managing to keep selling the way it does. There has never been a platform that sold with just one big game a year. If Sony was expecting Vita to be the first one... well... they should be happy with what they got either way.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.