By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Biggest letdown on the VC?

Which game that you've purchased off the virtual console has been the biggest letdown? For me it's Punch-Out!! on the NES. It's had 5/5 reviews but I suspect these are largely down to nostalgia. I never had a NES but it seems to me to have aged very very badly. Stuff like Zelda and Super Mario Bros on the NES can still hold their own but fighting games have advanced so much.

Around the Network

^same
I wish they would release SSB for N64 in VC

Super MArio World

the controlls mixup with the gamecube buttons were a mess.

Kid Icarus. But I still hope they bring the series back.

Ice Climber. My judgment must have been clouded by nostalgia.

Around the Network

Wait... WHAT? you thought punch out was a let down? I love that game and yes I did rebuy it on the VC and I have played it recently. You must be smoking crack! ;)

Donkey Kong Jr. was my worst purchase.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Of all my downloads, the only one even remotely disappointing is Neutopia. And that's saying something, as Neutopia's actually quite fun and playable. It's just not as balanced as the Zelda games it mimicks.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Man, where do I start? The Virtual Console has virtually broken my heart. So many good memories ruined. I guess Starfox 64 would have to be my biggest letdown, though.

punch out but that's really relative. I owned a nes as a kid but never really played punch out. I was a big super punch out fan for the snes. So, I wouldn't go so far to say punch out is bad, but it presents several flaws that I never had to put up with in the sequel.

Plus, to be fair, I put a lot of thought into all 12 (so far) of my vc purchases. So, I wouldn't say I own a straight up bad game.

The only game I've ever bought on VC was Super Mario Bros 3 (and I'm too lazy to make sure that's it) and I don't think I even played it. My roommate and his girlfriend played it some, and he did pay for half of the game... so I guess I can't say it went to waste. Any game that I can't look like an idiot throwing my arms around just isn't my type of game.