By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The WiiU has now outsold the Vita in the USA.

According to today's new numbers, the WiiU has just outsold the Vita in the states.

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
WiiU 28,603 (-4%) 1,469,133
PSV 6,599 (+6%) 1,463,817

Before WW:HD, the WiiU could barely sell over 10k a week, now it has sold around 30k for 3 weeks in a row. Still not brilliant numbers, and we can't say for sure if it will last, but does it means that the WiiU is slowly setting it's foot in NA? With Sonic and SM3DW coming out means that the system is safe from total flop? I still don't think it will ever become a huge system that Ninty will be proud of, but I think it's safe and on it's way towards a ''okay'' future.

Also, WiiU still FAR behind in Europe (around 800k vs 1.9mil) and in Japan (around 1mil vs 1.8mil).

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Not going to lie, surprise to see the Wii U selling well. I wonder how this holiday will do. New consoles are nice but for the common consumer, that 300$ price look really attractive with a game like Mario 3D World releasing on that day to.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I just saw the Mario bundle out at Target. My Walmart is still behind with Wii U stuff, and they dumped a whole entire Wii section in preparation for the X1 and PS4. But things are turning around for the Wii U. The games have been coming quite quickly as of late. Seems like we have doubled the amount of Wii U games in the past two months alone.

I came back just in time for good news! :)

Here comes a war!!!

Anyway Wii Who? Wasnt it to be expected lol! Less than a year to do so, not bad!

Pretty cool considering it hasn't been out near as long as Vita has. Both could use something to boost sales though.

Around the Network

I'm not convinced that it'll ever catch up to Vita in Japan (I bet Vita will take off sometime soon), but I believe Europe is still up for grabs.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

surgeonnintendoryan said:

Calm down, u were gone for a week

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pretty nice accomplishment but we have to remember this is Vitas weakest territory vs Wii Us strongest.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Not really a big deal.

It would be in Japan

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

zorg1000 said:
surgeonnintendoryan said:

Calm down, u were gone for a week

Still, Came back just in time!

@ Lister

It is great! But to be fair, retailers just seem to have more faith in Nintendo. They never really gave the Vita a chance. The PSP now has more space at my local Walmart. Which makes sence since it is now finally such a great deal! 99.99 for the system and 4 downloadable games. Always sold out. Must have been a small shipment though.