By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Biased reviews everywhere you look

spurgeonryan said:
DanneSandin said:
I see you haven't reviewed Luigi's Mansion yet... I'm a little disappointed by it so far, mostly because the controls are quite awkward and Luigi is quite clunky to control...

The second one? It is fun. I need to build my GC collection and play the original, but the games are just way too expensive.

Yup, for the 3DS. I plyed an hour yesterday, and my hand started to hurt. That's not ok, Nintendo. Not ok. Usually, they have great controls, but I just do NOT like using the A button for all my major actions. I'd much rather prefer to use the X button

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

review F Zero GX.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

spurgeonryan said:

The controls are not the problem, it is the system being too small. I went the XL route and never looked back. Have not had a hand problem since I dumped the original a few months after I purchased it. They had the same problem with the DS. I never bought it until the XL came out.

But I HAVE the XL! That's the problem. My right hand hurt after playing an hour of this game, unlike OoT, which I can play without any hand problems... But I still don't think that A should be the most used button on a Nintendo controler, I much rather prefer X,...

spurgeonryan said:

Hmm....can you not change the control configuration?

No, not in any Nintendo game that I know of. The best control scheme I've seen by Nintendo is for their platformers, everything else isn't as good

RolStoppable said:

With the exception of the second game, Justice For All, all of them are really worth playing. JFA is still a necessity for the complete story and the buildup for the conclusion of the initial trilogy, but it has some really painful and disappointing stretches.

The fourth case of JFA makes the game worth playing on its own. Worst first case in the series though and I do agree it's the low point of the series. I blame Von Karma being a boring prosecutor.

Haven't gotten to Investigations yet but that pursuit theme is delicious.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The fourth case is terrible towards the end. It seems like the game is parodying itself at that point, desperately trying to stretch its length which can't compete with any of the other installments.

Franziska is pretty cool and the saving grace for an overall underwhelming game. Worst first case in the series, yes. The circus case is the worst thing in the entire series. The fourth and final one is bad as well. That basically leaves just the second one as something that doesn't leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

Whaaaaaat. Franziska is the worst prosecutor in the series. Agree the circus case did not impress and the second case is very good.

Fourth case is the god, what'chu talkin bout Rol. It's the only case you can lose. In the whole series. That final moment of 'pick one witness and one piece of evidence and pray' hasn't been topped.

So this is what one of your serious threads look like. Hmmm.

RolStoppable said:

Take your sexism elsewhere.

It's the only case where you can lose your sanity because the arguments brought forth by both the prosecution and defense are incredibly stupid in order to prolong the case. You can lose every case in the series by messing up and if you think that a guilty verdict equates a loss, then you obviously don't understand what's right.

Stupid arguments are par for the course in Ace Attorney because the Judge is a certifiable idiot. You're the first person I've known who played the series and didn't like that case!

I'm not referring to the proper ending being a "loss." I mean that with every other case, when you lose you get a guilty verdict and go back to your last save (or the last 'checkpoint' in earlier games). But this case has an actual lose condition that makes sense in context (unlike a lot of other cases where the prosecutor or judge just randomly says if you screw up you'll get the maximum penalty, uncomfortably referring directly to the in-game health bar). The story continues after the loss just to rub it in. And again because this is starting to sound confusing even to me, the loss and lose condition I'm talking about is when you get the last answer wrong and get a not-guilty verdict.

I don't see what there is to like about Franziska as a character. She's mad about her dad being convicted and that's it. She has a whip and she constantly abuses Gumshoe, which Edgeworth already had down. Even the writers knew Von Karma was a bore as she only sticks around for two cases before being replaced by Edgeworth, a much better character who has an actual relationship with the protagonist.

I picked up a Layton game at random quite a while ago. It was Miracle Mask. I guess from the review that it was a pretty good one to get.

(This post is at least half for the sake of marking a valuable thread.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!