By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just finished Call of Duty 4 (didn't take long)

It is an absolutely amazing game.  The graphics, overall, are very, very impressive.  The action is intense, the game is non-stop-in-your-face and is easily one of the best FPS games in history.  The story is solid, the gameplay and control is spot-on, and there are very few places in the game where the AI seems like total cannon fodder.  I thoroughly enjoyed playing it and it was one of the few that nagged at me to come back and play it.

Now, with that said, the game completely sucks (for me).  Why does it suck?  It was about 4 hours long.  For $60, they should be ashamed.  4 hours?  WTF?  I realize the online experience is said to be exceptional.  I don't do online.  I play the campaigns and I'm done with the game.  Maybe a second playthrough...  It's time to separate online from campaign so that people like me don't pay $60 when they are using 20% of the game.  Maybe they should sell the "campaign" as a separate game for about half the price -- no online component.  I'd have been thrilled to pay MSRP for it, then.  As it is, I didn't pay retail for it nor did I even buy it new.  I refused to pay $60 for four hours.   Instead, I bought it used this week with a 25% off coupon + 10% membership coupon.  I paid $35 for it used, played it, and traded it back in for $30 plus my 10% member bonus or $33.  It cost me two bucks to play it.  Not bad but I would have preferred that Infinity Ward got something from my playing the game.... Just not $60.  /rant

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Yeah, the online on the game is great though, but the single player is soooo short. It's much like Halo, except that Halos is long and boring.

Congratz on beating the games. I'm sorry to hear the game is not amusing to you anymore after for action filled but short hours. It was smart for you to buy it used b.c IT IS ONLY FOUR FRIKKIN HOURS!!!!!:)

May I ask which Game system this is for??

Maybe you should try Halo 3 (if you haven't already) you seem like the type of person who enjoys combat shoooter games.

well..I heard that they were focusing more on the multiplayer

I played it on the 360. The game is great but the great is over before it seems it even gets going good. I left the game feeling fully unsatisfied since it was so dang short. Hopefully COD5 focuses on campaign instead of online....

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

^well...u can play online - that never ends

That's the only ugly part of online gaming...
The popular it gets, the more developers will cut down the campain modes/story modes in games. That might also be a contributed to why smash is doing so well.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Yeah, it sucks for me because I can't get broadband. :( (neither can 1/3 of american households, FYI)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I know the games campaign was short but...4 hours? Did you steam through that game on easy or something? I put mine on veteran and im not even a half way through yet on more than 4 hours. Still, most of mine has been dedicated to the online portion...with about 50 hours and counting (ive stopped playing in favour of uncharted recently however)

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I didn't play it on easy but not on veteran, either. Easy was too much of a piece of cake. Are you sure you aren't overestimating your time in the game? I've read a number of reviews that put the campaign at about 4 hours or so. One thing I did not do is hund down all the intelligence computers... That wouldn't have added much, however. I focused on completing the objectives.

I hate trolls.