By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzard's new game: World of Starcraft

Or you could, you know, not play every freakin second.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS IS LIKE DOOMSDAY NEWS TO ME!

I've waited almost 10 years to a succesor of Starcraft... And now they are making world of Starcraft?! This can't be true! I'm still in highschool so I can't play it, cause i know some people who play world of Warcraft and have foked up their last year... So... That means NO Starcraft for me, and if you look at my name... You'd understand that means DOOM for me!...

I FOKING HATE THIS! THEY BETTER MAKE ME A NORMAL STARCRAFT 2 GAME OR STARCRAFT GHOST FOR WII GOD DAMN IT!.

Ghost was cancled... agian, and also, if you read up on the Blizzard news, this was the wild-card game. So now we know that there is nothing at work at blizzard except WoS and WoW. Kinda amusing if you ask me.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Legend11 said:
There are rumors that Blizzard is making a MMO game for the Xbox 360... Most people assumed it would be a port of World of Warcraft, but what if it's this game instead?

I still wont care.WoW was barely a MMO, it was so shallow and mindless. That and the people who play it are all the StarCraft Kiddies who hack/cheat/steal/greive for fun. Not what you want in a MMO.

I'd be more interested in a Expansion Pack to WC2 than this.

EDIT: I do mean WarCraft TWO. Not 3. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I'm with StarcraftManiac if this turns out to be true. I've waited so long for StarCraft 2 and if all this news about a new StarCraft game turns out to be Worlds of StarCraft I may have to go to Blizzard HQ and burn it down. I've been pissed off a Blizzard every since they decided to neglect their roots and just focus on stupid WoW. IF their next game is indeed another shitty MMO I will simply give up on Blizzard and come to the sad reality that StarCraft will never see another installment.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Around the Network

I don't think this should come as a surprise to anyone. WoW is the most profitable game in the history of video gaming by a huge margin. No standalone game can even come close to the profitability of a successfull subscription MMO.

great, blizzard has turned into a MMO game maker. This is just sickening because i can't tell you how much i hate games like Diablo 2, and WOW that are just repetitive wastes of time. Starcraft, and Warcraft III are some of the bests games of all time, that took lots of skill to play. Blizzard was one of my favorite game makers about 5-7 years ago, now i honestly hate them. Even as i continue to play Warcraft 3.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
blizzard i know you're making loads of money on these, but please make us a real game for god's sake.

Yes I'm pissed that we haven't seen an RTS in years. First it was World Of WarCraft leaving the RTS genre behind then it was StarCraft with StarCraft:Ghost! Now when we finally thought Blizzard had come to their minds and were finally going to give us the long awaited StarCraft sequal we here that its another freaking MMO!

I want an RTS and I want one now, AgeOfEmpires3 was the last one I bought I beat it in about a day and now I sit here with my Wii longing for the next RTS. I love RPG's but MMO's aren't really my thing I want a new RTS!

Give us an HD online massively multiplayer RTS, one with like 30-different players and a massive massive massive map. Thats the kind of MMO I want to see Blizzard making not some new MMO RPG!

However guns and futuristic weapons will be nice in an MMORPG but I would rather see an RTS instead! 

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Blizzard, why hath thou forsaken me?

If this is true, its terrible news in my eyes. No doubt the game will do really well (even if its just in Korea!), and may well mean we will *never* have a new WarCraft OR StarCraft game to play... ever again :(

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099