By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzard's new game: World of Starcraft

Kwaad said:

I'd be more interested in a Expansion Pack to WC2 than this.

EDIT: I do mean WarCraft TWO. Not 3.

Looks like Kwaad and I have found some common ground.

Does Blizzard honestly think we need yet another MMO?  I understand that it makes sense to go where the money is, but come on, don't they want to make games that more people would want to play?  I don't have the time or money to throw away every month on an MMO, I want games that I can just pick up and play, and not spend weeks, months, years getting sucked into.  I could pick up and play Warcraft II and Starcraft whenever I wanted and put them down whenever I wanted.  Hell, Diablo 2 didn't even take all that much time to play.

This is a major disappointment.  I, and I know a lot of others, were looking forward to a Blizzard game like we used to play, not another MMO. 

Around the Network

For those of you who doubted my opinion on blizzard. (that would be you starcraft maniac) :)

I lost faith in blizzard after I played Diablo2. WarCraft3 was a totally new game. (as in it felt more like StarCraft than WarCraft)

And WoW, was the most watered down simplest MMO I've ever played. (Some of the free MMO's are more complex)

I never liked StarCraft, but it was a great game. Diablo was AMAZING. And WarCraft2 is STILL Amazing. WarCraft3 feels more like StarCraft, in a WarCraft world. (I enjoyed the 2-3 hour long wars in WC2. WC3 usually lasts around 3-8 minutes)

Diablo2, was very little more than a graphically improved Diablo2 with a few added features. However half the features were not released with the game, and then released with the expansion pack, wich was kinda, lack-luster. I had high hopes for Diablo2, but I was dissapointed by the final product. (I loved Diablo1)

A new game similar to Diablo and is quite good, is Titan Quest. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

And for those of you who are intrested.

http://www.mythos.com/

Hey Blizzard Fans. Good news. Check this out. Think of this as Diablo's soul sequel.  Rember who is making this. First look, it's towards the top of my list for PC games I want.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!