By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida Calls Rich Of ReviewTechUSA's Recent Video 'So Stupid' Twice

Tagged games:

Devil_Survivor said:
pezus said:

Lol this guy in the video is probably one of the biggest Nintendo fanboy "celeb" on youtube. He has been defending WiiU since even before it launched. Remember his video where he explained why CoD was 1080p on WiiU? Probably deserves a rewatch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWxdcb12FyQ

Lmao you calling him that is like tea pot calling the kettle black. You really need to watch more of his videos then because he calls you Nintendo for their bullshit all the time. He thought the 3DS XL was a bad idea and look how that turned out. So don't pretend like this has anything to do with Nintendo.

Eh I got the same impression as pezus and I watched every one of his videos until a few months ago. Also your analagy is basically calling pezus a Nintendo fanboy celeb on youtube. Sure he very much is a Nintendo fanboy, but I wouldn't consider him a youtube celeb.

Also I only lasted a few seconds into his "bite me" video. Anyone want to give me a transcript so I don't have to watch?

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Devil_Survivor said:
Lmao you calling him that is like tea pot calling the kettle black. You really need to watch more of his videos then because he calls you Nintendo for their bullshit all the time. He thought the 3DS XL was a bad idea and look how that turned out. So don't pretend like this has anything to do with Nintendo.

Eh I got the same impression as pezus and I watched every one of his videos until a few months ago. Also your analagy is basically calling pezus a Nintendo fanboy celeb on youtube. Sure he very much is a Nintendo fanboy, but I wouldn't consider him a youtube celeb.

Also I only lasted a few seconds into his "bite me" video. Anyone want to give me a transcript so I don't have to watch?

Ignoring the bashing of Dual Shockers, he gets annoyed by the fact that people think he's just doing it to gain views. He really stresses the fact that he really trusts his sources and that he wouldn't believe it if it wasn't for his sources. And then he gets pissed about the fact that people are insulting him over this rumor, but when any major website like ign, gamespot, or kotaku report on a bs rumor, it's just passed off as 'oh well'.  

Throw in a couple of insults towards Dual Shockers/ other youtubers, and that's pretty much the video.

I've watched a lot of his videos, and I've disagreed (or felt he was outright wrong, such as his opinion on how the Wii U would have sold if it had Zelda on launch) with a lot of the things he's said. I decided to not even watch the video because I doubt there would be much of anything that could possibly confirm a "disaster" at launch for either console.

Ponyless said:
JoeTheBro said:
Devil_Survivor said:

Ignoring the bashing of Dual Shockers, he gets annoyed by the fact that people think he's just doing it to gain views. He really stresses the fact that he really trusts his sources and that he wouldn't believe it if it wasn't for his sources. And then he gets pissed about the fact that people are insulting him over this rumor, but when any major website like ign, gamespot, or kotaku report on a bs rumor, it's just passed off as 'oh well'.  

Throw in a couple of insults towards Dual Shockers/ other youtubers, and that's pretty much the video.

Thanks. He's gone off the rocker. No comment about Shu's tweet?

JoeTheBro said:
Ponyless said:

I wouldn't say he's off his rocker, he really does believe his sources , so at this point i figure his sources are trolling him and he didn't get the joke. No mention of Shu's tweet in the video, but he did say somewhere else that he was surprised someone that high up in Sony would say that.

Around the Network
Ponyless said:
JoeTheBro said:

I wouldn't say he's off his rocker, he really does believe his sources , so at this point i figure his sources are trolling him and he didn't get the joke. No mention of Shu's tweet in the video, but he did say somewhere else that he was surprised someone that high up in Sony would say that.

He's complaining that the internet doesn't give him the same benefit of the doubt they give to gaming journalists. If he's complaining that people believe Kotaku sources over his sources, yeah I'd say he's off his rocker.

JoeTheBro said:
Ponyless said:
JoeTheBro said:

He's complaining that the internet doesn't give him the same benefit of the doubt they give to gaming journalists. If he's complaining that people believe Kotaku sources over his sources, yeah I'd say he's off his rocker.

Not so much complaining that people won't give the benefit of the doubt, but so much as when IGN or Kotaku report something that turns out to be BS, people don't really react the same way as they did with his video. Really the entire video it just seemed he really just wanted to say "If i had reported a purely bad rumor about XONE or Wii U, you people would believe me".  Don't know why he didn't just come out and say it.

JoeTheBro said:
Devil_Survivor said:
pezus said:

Lol this guy in the video is probably one of the biggest Nintendo fanboy "celeb" on youtube. He has been defending WiiU since even before it launched. Remember his video where he explained why CoD was 1080p on WiiU? Probably deserves a rewatch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWxdcb12FyQ

Haha Yeah sorry I should inserted the word Sony somewhere in there to make it cleared what I was trying to get across. Yes, your right about youtube celeb part becasue he doesn't really have that many subcribers , however he has grown in popularity in the recent months. I still don't he how you can call him a Nintendo fanboy at all since critizes them all time. 

JoeTheBro said:
Ponyless said:
JoeTheBro said:

I think he trying to say its a bit of a double standard that people give the big gaming jounalist sites a pass when they report on rumors with no sources and then when it proves to be utterly baseless on one calls them out on it or at least no with the kind of credibilty that those sites have. He just feels he's getting undue flack over reporting a rumor, which could be false or truth not saying either way right now, but at least he should get the same treatment.

Devil_Survivor said:
JoeTheBro said:
Ponyless said:
JoeTheBro said:

I think he trying to say its a bit of a double standard that people give the big gaming jounalist sites a pass when they report on rumors with no sources and then when it proves to be utterly baseless on one calls them out on it or at least no with the kind of credibilty that those sites have. He just feels he's getting undue flack over reporting a rumor, which could be false or truth not saying either way right now, but at least he should get the same treatment.

And this is why it's not a double standard:

Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4.  We optimized each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both. Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction.  Can’t wait for next week's launch.