By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Polygon: New Xbox Live terms ask users to commit to security, agree to share data with partners

Please let us tell NSA what you're doing - dey really valubal partnerrs

Around the Network

Lol, what is so special about this Ethomaz?

Mods, just close this thread.

pretty standard stuff for the day.

How is this worse than the ones you have to agree to for Sony?
Serious question
Since they are pretty much the same, does that mean you are going to stop supporting Sony?

I am more curious to see which one of the 3 consoles have a "better" EULA. Like Sony and MS have pretty similar ones but someone should see what Nintendo's one says as well

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Agreeing to share your data with partners is NOT standard in most TOS's, the usual people saying otherwise are busy downplaying this news.

And don't attack the OP for something you don't want to see. The mod's made a thread about this subject in which they warned people not to crucify the OP when they don't like a thread's subject.

So respect the rules if you don't like moderation.

These are very typical. Same type of stuff when you buy a house ,car, phone, internet, browser, credit card, etc Apple wants your first born. Android want the youngest daughter.

ethomaz said:

I won't post in this thread but I think more MS users will want to read that... feel free to call me a fanboy, hater or anything else... you are welcome.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5039586/new-xbox-live-terms-ask-users-to-commit-to-security-agree-to-share

Mods, if a user gives us permission, is it still bannable???

Darth Tigris said:
ethomaz said:

I won't post in this thread but I think more MS users will want to read that... feel free to call me a fanboy, hater or anything else... you are welcome.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5039586/new-xbox-live-terms-ask-users-to-commit-to-security-agree-to-share

Mods, if a user gives us permission, is it still bannable???

Obviously. It's called baiting and you should be able to refrain from taking it.

bubblegamer said:
Agreeing to share your data with partners is NOT standard in most TOS's, the usual people saying otherwise are busy downplaying this news.

And don't attack the OP for something you don't want to see. The mod's made a thread about this subject in which they warned people not to crucify the OP when they don't like a thread's subject.

So respect the rules if you don't like moderation.

Go to any TOS where you have to sign u for something with your information.

Have you ever been to a mall or store and they have cars on display to win? When you fill out those cards with your information read the TOS. Then in a few months you start getting calls from their sponsors because they shared that info on the card/paper.