By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Rumor] Xbox One OS is buggy and unfinished

newton said:

And he says nothing about a buggy OS...He says connectivity. Maybe server problems. Either way, as I said before, a buggy OS before launch is probably not an issue since they are updating it on day one anyways.

I didn't said OS buggy... I said that this part I don't know but the reviewers can't reviews the games due issues.

Around the Network

1. This sounds like its fake, I mean why should we believe a random GAF user that so happens to have the system early...

2. Even if the OS did happen to be buggy why the hell would MS delay the system right now!? I cant imagine the back lash from all gamers including fans if they decided to delay the system for ANY reason let alone delay it just because the OS is buggy.

3. The OS can easily be fixed with a patch which will probably be sent day one if there are problems.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

FatedReality said:
1. This sounds like its fake, I mean why should we believe a random GAF user that so happens to have the system early...

2. Even if the OS did happen to be buggy why the hell would MS delay the system right now!? I cant imagine the back lash from all gamers including fans if they decided to delay the system for ANY reason let alone delay it just because the OS is buggy.

3. The OS can easily be fixed with a patch which will probably be sent day one if there are problems.

I don't know if you think CBOAT is a random guy but he said that right now the OS is buggy... that can change for release with the day one patch like you said.

Both consoles will have a day one patch.

ethomaz said:

Puppyroach said:

And what official news are you basing this off?

Reviewers talk on twitter... you can belive or not but it is true.

It might be but jumping the gun and ASSUMING it is before official confirmation is just typical fanboy behaviour. And if it is true you will be really happy about it, I guess? :)

Puppyroach said:

It might be but jumping the gun and ASSUMING it is before official confirmation is just typical fanboy behaviour. And if it is true you will be really happy about it, I guess? :)

No. I'm more interested in when the PS4 reviews will be out (seems like mid this week).

And about the assuming... maybe the reviewers are lying lol

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
newton said:
And the PS4 is shipping without half of its features. 

What half are we talking? I'm not saying this X1 OS news is 100%, but it seems like you pulled that from no where to divert from this story. So which is it?

Not trying to detract from the story. I already said it could be true. I'm just trying to point out that it seems to be normal these days. Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One are getting day one updates to their OS, which means it was not completed on the consoles that are being used before launch. Therefore, a buggy OS before launch should'nt be so alarming that people think the console should be delayed.

As for the PS4, I was talking about the day one update that it will get. I said half the features are missing, but I know it was innacurate, I was just trying to point out that it is not shipping with complete software. Hence, features like remote play, blu ray and dvd playback, and some others mabye (were there others or no?) will be added through the day one update. That is perfectly fine. Just like having a not fully functional OS on the Xbox One (which has not actually been confirmed...) before launch is also fine becuase they will be updating it on day one also. Clear?

ethomaz said:

Puppyroach said:

No. I'm more interested in when the PS4 reviews will be out (seems like mid this week).

And about the assuming... maybe the reviewers are lying lol

So there is official confirmation that the reviewers can only play COD:Ghost at 720p on X1? Where can I find it, since that should almost be a cetrain confirmation it runs at 720p :).

As with any of the PS4 or Xbone's crashing prior to launch..I personally would blame the software/games rather than the actual OS coding to crash/bug the system. Maybe some sort of incompatibility happened. But I would not blame it on the OS. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

X1 must be a real threat to some people judging by the responses of some people and their sigs.
I don't understand why some people are so worried about a console they will never own unless they feel threatened by it.
Looking at rumors online it looks like PS4 has heat issues and will break down. Do you take those rumors as 100% true like you do any negative X1 rumor?

I wont be getting an X1 but it also doesn't bother me that it may have issues. Its not going to impact me one way or another and I am sure MS will have a fix for it. Its not like the OS is always going to be the way it ships. Even Wii U had a day 1 update.
Things like this are why I think MS will pull ahead of Sony this upcoming generation. IMO it just doesn't look like they have a whole lot of positive things to brag about PS4 and need to focus on trashing Wii U and X1. When the most loyal cant find a positive you know you got issues.

Puppyroach said:

So there is official confirmation that the reviewers can only play COD:Ghost at 720p on X1? Where can I find it, since that should almost be a cetrain confirmation it runs at 720p :).

It is better go to the other thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170645&page=21