By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does Microsoft and Sony get a free pass?

Where are all the negative threads about the DAY ONE updates for the PS4 and XBOX ONE?

Remember when Wii U had one it was deemed to be unacceptable practice by Nintendo by a lot of users on these forums.

Just saying..

Around the Network

I think we are generally annoyed with Microsoft and Sony, but certainly with the PS4 you can just play games if you don't want to do the update initially

The issue as far as I can tell with the Wii U was that the update took forever. Just wait for the fallout when the update fails due to overloaded servers

Selctive memory? I'm pretty sure I've seen people complain about either systems day one patch.
Also I've heard that the main complaint about the Wii U patch was that it took so freaking long to download and people can't really complain about that on the PS4/One before even having downloaded the patch.

Cobretti2 said:

Where are all the negative threads about the DAY ONE updates for the PS4 and XBOX ONE?

Remember when Wii U had one it was deemed to be unacceptable practice by Nintendo by a lot of users on these forums.

Just saying..

Why do you complain and generalise like it was a forum wide spread complaint when only a select number of users ever complain about this kind of stuff?

Seems to me like the only purpose of your thread is to cause trouble.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:
I don't recall the abuse the WiiU got for it, can you link me to any thread(s)? I can imagine the identity of the posters that were vocal about it though.

it  was in one of those very long threads that complained about everything about the Wii U, from hdd to missing lan ports, to trophies etc...

I am sure you can imagine who it was, it is the usual suspects who sometimes bag out the xbox one.

Cobretti2 said:
kowenicki said:
I don't recall the abuse the WiiU got for it, can you link me to any thread(s)? I can imagine the identity of the posters that were vocal about it though.

it  was in one of those very long threads that complained about everything about the Wii U, from hdd to missing lan ports, to trophies etc...

I am sure you can imagine who it was, it is the usual suspects who sometimes bag out the xbox one.

Blaming exclusively playstation fans already? This thread's starting out great!

Oh, there was a lot of backlash. One that blew my mind was when somebody said something like "What if you don't even have the internet and can't get the update? Then you can't even access the new features like the eShop or MiiVerse". I exploded. If you don't have the internet, you won't have access to the internet features? Really?

It was mostly from gamers that weren't going to buy a Wii U, anyway. They found out that the update took 40 mins and they latched on to that. I remember, OP. I remember.

DerNebel said:
Cobretti2 said:
kowenicki said:

Blaming exclusively playstation fans already? This thread's starting out great!

am i? I am blaiming certain people who troll on this site who may or may not have sides. That I don't know.