By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Results: VGC's Top 50 Games of the Generation

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

2. Borderlands 2

3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1

4. Resistance 1

5. The Last of Us

6. Bioshock 1

7. Mass Effect 2

8. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

9. Gravity Rush

10. Trials Evolution

11. Uncharted 2

12. Doom 3 BFG Edition

13. Dark Souls

14. Max Payne 3

15. NBA Jam on Fire Edition

Honoarable Mentions = Metal Gear Solid 4, Fable, Chinatown Wars, Killzone Mercenary, Killzone 2, Halo 3, Infamous1, 2, Shadows of the Damned, Rage, Tomb Raider

The fact that Borderlands 2 is not in the top 25 yet is a travesty.  Best game of 2012 by a longshot.

Around the Network

Important question, Vita/3DS qualifies for all this? Anything that released before PS4/Xbone release?

Same question for PS2/PSP/DS games that released after PS360 released.

Edit: So I read a bit into the thread and realized you're defining it solely by consoles/handhelds meaning PS2, Wii U, Vita, and 3DS games are all off limits.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

JayWood2010 said:

You can come change it if you want but I decided to do it now because there isnt really anything too noteworthy left that isnt also on next generation consoles.

Even though GT is big racing games have never done good in this competition.

Not that I'm complaining because I appreciate you compiling this data but... I don't think you can call this the "definitive" version because there will be games released after PS4/Xbone for current gen that people will want to list.

Last gen had God of War 2; then tonnes of Japanese stuff like Persona 3 & 4/Rogue Galaxy/Odin Sphere and my own personal favourite, Wild ARMs 5.

Certainly, 2014 seems to have a similar lineup of Japanese releases to 2007. 

1. The Last of Us.
2. Final Fantasy XIV a Real Reborn
3. Diablo III.
4. Tekken 6
5.Gears of War 3.
6. God of War 3.
7.Uncharted 2.
8.Halo 4.
9. Ni No Kuni.
10. The Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

You can come change it if you want but I decided to do it now because there isnt really anything too noteworthy left that isnt also on next generation consoles.

Even though GT is big racing games have never done good in this competition.

Not that I'm complaining because I appreciate you compiling this data but... I don't think you can call this the "definitive" version because there will be games released after PS4/Xbone for current gen that people will want to list.

Last gen had God of War 2; then tonnes of Japanese stuff like Persona 3 & 4/Rogue Galaxy/Odin Sphere and my own personal favourite, Wild ARMs 5.

Certainly, 2014 seems to have a similar lineup of Japanese releases to 2007. 

What i am trying to say is that you can still vote for those games in next gen top 10's

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

What i am trying to say is that you can still vote for those games in next gen top 10's

But they'll all be current gen games?

1.Metroid Trilogy (could call it a remake if that makes it allowed)
2.Last of Us
3.Mario Galaxy 2
4.COD4
5.Bioshock
6.NiNoKuni
7.Resistance FOM
8.Ratchet and Clank ACIT
9.LOZ TP
10.SSBB

Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

But they'll all be current gen games?

they will be both meaning you can still vote for them.  Look at Twilight Princess as an example.  People still vote for it a lot and it is on Gamecube as well as Wii

1. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
2. Lost Odyssey (360)
3. Nier (PS3)
4. Uncharted 2 (PS3)
5. Crisis Core: FFVII (PSP)
6. Demon's Souls (PS3)
7. Tales of Vesperia (360)
8. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
9. Bioshock (360)
10. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

HM
11. Jeanne d'arc (PSP)
12. Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP)
13. Bayonetta (360)
14. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation - The Endless Frontier (DS)
15. Catherine (PS3)

If including remakes, then FF4 DS gets in at #2 and pushes everything down one spot.

Edit: And I forgot my list was made before Last of Us..... I dunno where to put it but it's there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

JayWood2010 said:

they will be both meaning you can still vote for them.  Look at Twilight Princess as an example.  People still vote for it a lot and it is on Gamecube as well as Wii

Okay, but then look at Persona 4 or Wild ARMs 5 as examples, like I listed :P

They're not cross-gen games, but they were 2007 releases well after the PS360ii released.