By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: We've got some Wii games in the works

@ Bodhesatva: Please forgive me for disagreeing with a mod, but I beg to differ about not putting their best teams on Wii games... If they want to benefit from the Wii's success, they have to make great games for it... And to make great games, guess what you need? That's right! You need GREAT TEAMS! This isn't ROCKET SCIENCE, PEOPLE!

Disclaimer: Aatg885 does not believe you are dumb or even wrong about everything (he just believes you are wrong about this)... 

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

Please, please feel free to disagree with me. I almost didn't take this modship because I was afraid everyone would stop arguing with me.

There are several reasons why I doubt they'll put their best teams on Wii games:

1) Because publishers have been saying for the better part of a year now that they were shifting focus to the Wii, and thus far that has never resulted in a single top-flight development team moving over. The Rainbow Sixes and Assassin's Creeds and Infinity Wards and Irrational Games and Rockstar Norths and Bethesdas just haven't shifted over. This could simply be taking longer than expected, but I'm certainly skeptical at this point.

2) PS360 games are higher risk ventures. Because they cost so much money to make, it is essential that the best teams be put on these projects, because having them bomb is much worse than having a Wii game bomb.

Again, not saying I'm positive about this. Instead, I've just become skeptical about seeing publishers move these major developers over, because we've been hearing about the shift to the Wii for a year, and thus far practically no Western developer we might deem "AAA" has announced a game for the Wii.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Please, please feel free to disagree with me. I almost didn't take this modship because I was afraid everyone would stop arguing with me.

There are several reasons why I doubt they'll put their best teams on Wii games:

1) Because publishers have been saying for the better part of a year now that they were shifting focus to the Wii, and thus far that has never resulted in a single top-flight development team moving over. The Rainbow Sixes and Assassin's Creeds and Infinity Wards and Irrational Games and Rockstar Norths and Bethesdas just haven't shifted over. This could simply be taking longer than expected, but I'm certainly skeptical at this point.

2) PS360 games are higher risk ventures. Because they cost so much money to make, it is essential that the best teams be put on these projects, because having them bomb is much worse than having a Wii game bomb.

Again, not saying I'm positive about this. Instead, I've just become skeptical about seeing publishers move these major developers over, because we've been hearing about the shift to the Wii for a year, and thus far practically no Western developer we might deem "AAA" has announced a game for the Wii.

Well I think that will start see great/excellentWii games fromthird-party from this year last quarter and move on.

I mean we know that publishers were caugh with their pants down and to make a great game you must have atleast 1 or 2 years of development.

If Wii business model will reveal truly healthy and profitable with huge userbase growth and relatively low development cost ( compared to Ps3/PC/360 ) than it's inevitable that publisher will push more WIi than others platform.

Oh by the way : How is being Bodhesatva ? 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Bodhesatva said:

The shift in third party support will likely be noticeable in a series of waves ...

Initially the cheap ports and shoveware games will show up because they require the least ammount of time and the least talented game developers; then the higher quality ports and middle of the road original games will appear as average (or above average) developers have time to produce games. Lastly the top tier titles will appear because it will take time for these developers to be freed from their current projects, and it will take time for them to complete a game.

i hope they will make em with quality like the 360 ones

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
Agree, Red Steel 2 is in dev :P

Ahora, quien podra defendernos???
 yooooooooo.... el Chapulin colorado... *** se tropieza con una silla y cae de espaldas****

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Why give Wii more support?...

They already have:

Horsez.

Petz.

Catz.

Dogz.

Littlest puppiez.

Farcry Vengeance.

Prince of Persia: Port of a 2 year old game with crapcontrolls.

Splintercell: Controlls suck.

I don't see why it needs more Software ...

This is just a joke btw, don't report plz ... (I've gotten warnings for the stupidest things because some folks report stuff that doesn't even come close to provoking). 

THE NETHERLANDS

Sounds like we can expect more crap like Nitro Bike.

^that would suck,but didnt they say they wil make the quality like nintendo

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
^that would suck,but didnt they say they wil make the quality like nintendo

That's what they said, but we've yet to see it.  What's been their best game so far? RRR2? 

I doubt we'll see Splinter Cell or such.  Those will go PS360.

Red Steel 2 probably and maybe platformers, Adventure games??

I'd love to see them revise the Myst franchise and bring it to Wii.