By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone else feels BestBuy is giving prefered treatment to MSFT consoles ?

I know they were a partner for the release of the XBox360 but still at my BestBuy they are pushing it way too far.

Let me explain :

Xbox360 games area : Biggest of the new gen area, that I can understand because this console does have more games out. Most games available, instead of the game you get an empty game box so that you can see the game art and have to pick your copy at the cashier when you pay ( they keep them in a locked cage because of thefts issues I believe).

Wii : Same as Xbox except 1/3rd of the size and in an area not as much visited.

PS3 : Cheap ass Black and White copy of the game box coverts are on display for maybe half the games, the rest you just have the game name and a sticker with the price and that's it. Pick your game at the cashier like Xbox ( if you bothered to ask someone in the shop if they actually  had it because the fact nothing is on display except the game name makes you believe it's sold out).

Seriously, that's pushing it and seeing how the XboX360 outsells the PS3 so much I can't believe the PS3 area is half empty because it's sold out, and the cheap ass black and white poor quality of the box art really SUCK !. 

PS : And the Xbox360 display area has a much better exposure in the shop to casual shoppers than the Wii or the PS3....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

^well....r u sure about that? cause I would think they would have Wii as the biggest area due to it's record sales

I think it does favour the xbox 360. It has it in stock...I mean WTF! I want my consoles to be sold out...

well i guess a possible reason is that they want to sell the 360 over the Wii because the Wii is rarely in stock but the 360 is - that way, they can make more buisness

I am speaking of games display not so much as consoles...

And yes I am sure, I hit the same bestBuy every Friday.

I'm seriously considering taking pictures of the Sony and the XBox area and send them to some Sony marketing guy next Friday....

The way the PS3 games are on display isn't even professional... I've seen Garage sales where the good on sales where better displayed........

Around the Network
Ail said:

I know they were a partner for the release of the XBox360 but still at my BestBuy they are pushing it way too far.

Let me explain :

Xbox360 games area : Biggest of the new gen area, that I can understand because this console does have more games out. Most games available, instead of the game you get an empty game box so that you can see the game art and have to pick your copy at the cashier when you pay ( they keep them in a locked cage because of thefts issues I believe).

Wii : Same as Xbox except 1/3rd of the size and in an area not as much visited.

PS3 : Cheap ass Black and White copy of the game box coverts are on display for maybe half the games, the rest you just have the game name and a sticker with the price and that's it. Pick your game at the cashier like Xbox ( if you bothered to ask someone in the shop if they actually had it because the fact nothing is on display except the game name makes you believe it's sold out).

Seriously, that's pushing it and seeing how the XboX360 outsells the PS3 so much I can't believe the PS3 area is half empty because it's sold out, and the cheap ass black and white poor quality of the box art really SUCK !.

PS : And the Xbox360 display area has a much better exposure in the shop to casual shoppers than the Wii or the PS3....

The 360 has the most floor space because it's popular, they have consoles to sell at all times of the week, it has a large amount of accessories, it has several different SKU's, and it has a large library.

While the Wii is more popular or has at least sold more, it doesn't have as many accessories, it only has one SKU, it doesn't have consoles readily available throughout the week, and it doesn't have as large as library as the 360.

The PS3 has an even smaller section because while it does have more SKU's and readily available consoles, it's not as popular as either of the other two.

As for the layout, that just depends on the store.   

Ail said:

I'm seriously considering taking pictures of the Sony and the XBox area and send them to some Sony marketing guy next Friday....

The way the PS3 games are on display isn't even professional... I've seen Garage sales where the good on sales where better displayed........

Because you seriously think they don't know they aren't nearly as popular, you think they would even read your mail, and that you would really make a difference if they didn't know?

The best buy near my house(in FL) is like 40% Wii 40% 360 20% PS3-

BUT the one near my school in SC is alot like the one you mentioned... what is really sad is the size of the DS case... PS3+Wii+DS = 360 in size...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Like I said I can understand the difference in size.

What I can't understand is the cheap ass black and white poor quality copies of the games box and the fact the shelf is half empty for PS3....

I went to buy DMC4 Friday for PS3. The Xbox area had the box on display.

The PS3 area had a famous empty display that said DMC4 59.99$ ( and you had to look for it...)

twesterm said:
Ail said:

Because you seriously think they don't know they aren't nearly as popular, you think they would even read your mail, and that you would really make a difference if they didn't know?

It's BestBuy we are speaking off, not Gamestop, I'm pretty sure that when Sony ships something to a retailer of their reknown they expect their goods to be displayed in a professional manner ( never said they should have a huge shelf space). Besides. seeing as Bravia is currently the top LCD seller I'm pretty sure Sony goods represent a bigger share overall of BestBuy sales than MSFT goods....