By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Nintendo planning to release 7 N64 games as Wii U reUmaginations, Mario 64 first

Please no. No more resources devoted to old games everyone already played. Even if it takes little time (Which I doubt, these would be completely new remakes, not just remasters), each of these is a waste of time. People weren't too keen on buying WWHD, and that's a game of one of the most popular franchises.

Anyway, this is probably fake.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Please no. No more resources devoted to old games everyone already played. Even if it takes little time (Which I doubt, these would be completely new remakes, not just remasters), each of these is a waste of time. People weren't too keen on buying WWHD, and that's a game of one of the most popular franchises.

Anyway, this is probably fake.

WWHD didn't take up much time or resources (especially as a chunk of development was outsourced), and probably turned a tidy profit even with the sales so far.

7 is too much, and i agree this is probably fake anyway (especially starting with Mario 64, since a remake of that was the flagship launch title for DS)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If they release a 1080p 60fps SM64 with redone textures I'll buy a Wii U for sure.

No, just no. Please make new masterpieces please.

Thank you for sharing this story and for accurately reporting it as a rumor, for that's what I labeled it as. If I do receive more concrete information, I will definitely share it...and that goes for both it being proven true or false.

I personally hope it is the real deal, because it'd be a smart move for Nintendo to make in my opinion. If smaller teams could focus on several month long titles to pump out that are awesome, in between the more grand 2-4 year development games for Wii U, then why not?

We'll see how this paves out and hope for the best in the time being.

- Paul Gale Network

Around the Network

I've never seen such a popular company so desperately needing new material. If this is true, it's sad that these would be some of the most anticipated titles upcoming for the machine.

PaulGaleNetwork said:
Thank you for sharing this story and for accurately reporting it as a rumor, for that's what I labeled it as. If I do receive more concrete information, I will definitely share it...and that goes for both it being proven true or false.

I personally hope it is the real deal, because it'd be a smart move for Nintendo to make in my opinion. If smaller teams could focus on several month long titles to pump out that are awesome, in between the more grand 2-4 year development games for Wii U, then why not?

We'll see how this paves out and hope for the best in the time being.

- Paul Gale Network

So it's fake, then. Close thread, move on.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

i think it was already awesome that they offered super metroid for 30 cent..

i already thought it was pretty cool to be able to play fantasy zone on wii, man i didnt play it in the old days

If it´s only or Eshop, and by a cheap price, it would be awesome.

Now, if they´re planning in doing this for retail as a way to compensate for the lack of games... then it´s a dumb idea.

It´s not possible that they don´t have other projects for the console, besides Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Yarn Yoshi, Zelda HD, there must be several other projects going on. Nintendo alwyas work with dozens of games at the same time