By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IF Capcom Goes Under Where Do You Want Their Franchises To Go?

Even though I hate some of their decisions, deep down... nah forget it, they did so much wrong lately that I can't love them anymore.

I hope they don't go under the bridge, that would be nasty for the people working there. Losing a job i tough... But if it happens I think Nintendo should get most of Capcom's IP.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Lol at everyone saying Nintendo, the uneducated nostalgia goggles are strong here. Let me guess, Rare would be suddenly restored to their former glory if Nintendo reacquired them too right?

I could care less about what happens to a lot of them, but I would actually give Sega the nod for Street Fighter, despite their equally corporate approach with Sonic, people tend to forget they still have one of the most talented fighting game studios in the world, with Yu Suzuki as the honorary director of the Virtua Fighter series for good measure.

MVC is self-explanatory, although just having a Marvel vs Street Fighter wouldn't be a terrible idea, that is essentially what the vs series was beforehand.

think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
DucksUnlimited said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Here's my list:

Mega Man - Nintendo
Resident Evil - Konami
Street Fighter - Namco
Monster Hunter - Nintendo, more specifically Monolith Soft
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Nintendo
Breath of Fire - Nintendo, Intelligent Systems
Dead Rising - Valve
Devil May Cry - Sony, undecided which studio yet
Lost Planet - LET IT DIE!
Okami - Nintendo
Viewtiful Joe - Platinum Games
Marvel vs Capcom - Netherealm Studios

If there are any that I forgot let me know.

Netherealm doing MvC would be weird. Their style of fighting games is really different from Capcom's so I'm not sure it would fit. I actually like Netherealm's fighters better though, so I guess I wouldn't mind. The rest sounds like decent matches to me. I'd say SSM could make a seperate team for DMC, seeing as they're kind of regarded as the hack n' slash masters, although it might be kind of redundant to have them work on two fairly similar games. Maybe give it to Nintendo/Retro or something? Also, I never played Soul Sacrifice but heard it had a lot of great things going for it, so Sony Japan's take on Monster Hunter could be very interesting.

The only one I dont agree with is DMC to Sony. We would see 9 DMCs over the next 6 years til people tired of it then it would be left for dead. They make good games but they also oversaturate the market with them. Killzone is slowly falling and its not because of a lack of quality. Its just too many games in too little time.

Name me one game that Sony has made 9 of in 6 years? There has been 6 Killzones in 9 years and only 4 in the main series that hasn't got shit on half the franchises out there. Assassins Creed anyone? 10 games in 6 years? Halo 9 in 12 years. These are common thrends Sony doesn't do it anymore than others so don't try spin that rubbish.

Neither Ubisoft or MS were mentioned. Dont get angry. Just accept an opinion that doesnt match your own. The only one trying to spin things is you out of anger. Rather than accept a valid critizism you are trying to put it off on other companies. Had anyone mention Ubisoft, MS or even Activision my reply would have been the same. Would yours?

I agree with most of that list but Dead Rising should go to Microsoft. Sony Santa Monica would be one of the few western companies save for Mercury Steam that could save DMC.

OK, been thinking about this all morning...

Mega Man -- Nintendo EAD

Okami -- JAPAN Studio

Street Fighter -- Namco Bandai

Resident Evil -- Tango Gameworks

Zack & Wiki -- Double Fine

Onimusha -- JAPAN Studio

Dead Rising -- Microsoft Studios

Lost Planet -- Day 1 Studios

Devil May Cry -- Platinum Games

Monster Hunter -- Namco Bandai

Ghosts 'n Goblins -- WayForward

Final Fight -- Overkill Software

Bionic Commando -- Overkill Software

Viewtiful Joe -- Platinum Games

Phoenix Wright -- Level-5

Around the Network

still hope nintendo gets them, Mega man was awesome on NES, even with street fighter they could do good, remember how awesome punch out was on NES???

monster hunter and phoenix wright already proven how good they fit the Nintendo

DMC definetly Platinum games. Resident evil Naughty dog :)

ishiki said:
Jumpin said:
BasilZero said:
Jumpin said:
Why do people think Capcom is even at risk of going under?

Jumping the gun via: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/oct/19/capcom-doesnt-have-resources-next-generation-fighting-game-currently-ono-responds-kickstarter-suggestion/

I think people are mixing up resources and money. Resources typically refers to the available staff or teams.

I've posted this in every single capcom thread yet people don't listen or even evaluate... so here it goes again.

Here's a table of company's quick ratio taken from 2013 financial reports. It's more complicated than this, Revenue, Profit, direction, etc is all important. And the fact that their IP's failed to meet their expectations definetely hurts the companys longterm. Fact is, they had bombs last year and still profited... yet they're doomed.

The quick ratio is a good  indicator on how likely they are to go belly up because of their ability to meet financial obligations. Despite all this bad news for Capcom they still made a profit unlike SE and Take 2. They made a profit despite having an underperforming year! (Though, SE has had FFXIV: ARR be more successful than expected and Take 2 has Grand Theft Auto 5 which are not indicated from 2013 financial reports).

Company Assets Liabilities Quick Ratio (Higher Is Better)
Nintendo 16.3 Billion 3.5 Billion 4.65
Actvision Blizzard 13.4 Billion 3.2 Billion 4.19
Capcom 1.04 Billion 410 Million 2.53
Sega Sammy 528 Million 208 Million 2.53
Square-Enix 1.59 Billion 807 Million 1.97
Take 2 1.277 Billion 689 Million 1.85
EA 5.07 Billion 2.8 Billion

Sony 155 Billion
125 Billion

While your analysis is correct, you aren't showing a Quick Ratio from what I can tell unless your column headings are incorrect.   You've shown Assets to Liabiliities which isn't the same.  The QR is more concerned with liquidity so removes non-liquid items like plant etc.     The calculation is here:  http://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quickratio.asp

Why RE to Konami? Have they made a decent SH, aside of Shattered Memories?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

We can only hope they do go under.