By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IF Capcom Goes Under Where Do You Want Their Franchises To Go?

All to MS, Since no one said it yet.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Here's my list:

Mega Man - Nintendo
Resident Evil - Konami
Street Fighter - Namco
Monster Hunter - Nintendo, more specifically Monolith Soft
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Nintendo
Breath of Fire - Nintendo, Intelligent Systems
Dead Rising - Valve
Devil May Cry - Sony, undecided which studio yet
Lost Planet - LET IT DIE!
Okami - Nintendo
Viewtiful Joe - Platinum Games
Marvel vs Capcom - Netherealm Studios

If there are any that I forgot let me know.

I agree with everything besides DMC, why not Platinum???

The Fury said:

First, on topic, as long as fighting games go to Namco, all is well. They have some great franchises they should bring back regardless, I think the fighting game genre is one severely lacking in the West.

Mr Puggsly said:

They could make a ton of money just offering exclusivity to Microsoft or Sony. Clearly that's why Dead Rising 3 is a X1 exclusive.

This makes me wonder, there are many games that Capcom or others produce that, while potentially good games, don't sell as many as they could. Remember Me being a good example, made by a new smallish studio and Published by Capcom yet has only sold 200 thousand copies. It's the kind of game that if a bit of money hatting was involved (and a bit more development) you could have had a X1 or PS4 launch title which would have silly amount of hype for no reason, sell lots and could have spawned sequals, making more money for Capcom and the development team.

Not a great idea because fans would have little faith in exclusive releases being good. For example, many of Sony's 1st party exclusives flopped for being average or medicore. Being an exclusive doesn't guarantee great sales.

In my opinion, Enslaved was a great game. If Sony locked that as a 1st party exclusive, I think it would have sold much better than it did.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Nintendo has become the natural home for Mega Man, Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter. Would be great if they got Resident Evil also. Don't know about the rest.

Also Konami, really. They are a pathetic shell at this point

Mr Puggsly said:
The Fury said:

This makes me wonder, there are many games that Capcom or others produce that, while potentially good games, don't sell as many as they could. Remember Me being a good example, made by a new smallish studio and Published by Capcom yet has only sold 200 thousand copies. It's the kind of game that if a bit of money hatting was involved (and a bit more development) you could have had a X1 or PS4 launch title which would have silly amount of hype for no reason, sell lots and could have spawned sequals, making more money for Capcom and the development team.

Not a great idea because fans would have little faith in exclusive releases being good. For example, many of Sony's 1st party exclusives flopped for being average or medicore. Being an exclusive doesn't guarantee great sales.

In my opinion, Enslaved was a great game. If Sony locked that as a 1st party exclusive, I think it would have sold much better than it did.

"Fans would have little faith in exclusive releases being good."? I'll quote you on that. Pretty sure fans are obsessive with 1st party games and mostly claim they are awesome even before being out. But you say that and then mention my point straight after, while I don't mean 1st party as in a specific company published or developed, I mean a 3rd Party exclusive.

Lets look at Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall, both 3rd Party exclusive games for the X1 (or MS machines for the latter) and with that comes not only Capcom advertising their wares, MS will mention it at conferences, fans of that console will no doubt buy it (early on especially as there is nothing else to play). Then for Titanfall (an EA game) you have MS sending out emails saying 'ONLY NEXT GEN CONSOLE TO HAVE TITANFALL' and all that jazz.

Of course for Dead Rising 3 it less of a good case as it's not an unknown title that needs decent sales, it would have sold over a million anyway and MS money hatting just kept it on their console. While new titles, like Enslave, like Remember Me and like Titanfall get the extra boost of advertising and 'hype' they need to at least allow the development team to succeed and stay in business to produce more titles, not nessecarily exclusive, in the future.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Mega Man - Comcept
Resident Evil - Tango Gameworks
Street Fighter - Team Ninja
Monster Hunter - Sony
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Revolution Software
Breath of Fire - Sony
Dead Rising - Valve
Devil May Cry - Team Ninja
Lost Planet - Comcept
Okami - Sony, Team ICO
Viewtiful Joe - Sony
Marvel vs Capcom - Team Ninja

But I don't think Capcom is going anywhere tbh.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I find it quite funny that Kamiya had it's hand one way or another in nearly half of Capcoms more popular franchises.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Mr Puggsly said:

I don't even want to entertain the idea a company that owns Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Street Fighter, and Monster Hunter is going under.

They could make a ton of money just offering exclusivity to Microsoft or Sony. Clearly that's why Dead Rising 3 is a X1 exclusive.

and that what they have been doing. they been whoring out their franchises left and right. Dead rising on xbox one. Deep Down on PS4 and Monster hunter on 3DS. you never know, they might whore out even more games in the future. 

Tagging. Fun thread :)

HOPE THE GO TO NINTENDO!!!!!