By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IF Capcom Goes Under Where Do You Want Their Franchises To Go?

Here's my list:

Mega Man - Nintendo
Resident Evil - Konami
Street Fighter - Namco
Monster Hunter - Nintendo, more specifically Monolith Soft
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Nintendo
Breath of Fire - Nintendo, Intelligent Systems
Dead Rising - Valve
Devil May Cry - Sony, undecided which studio yet
Lost Planet - LET IT DIE!
Okami - Nintendo
Viewtiful Joe - Platinum Games
Marvel vs Capcom - Netherealm Studios

If there are any that I forgot let me know.

Around the Network

Nintendo

/thread

Click HERE and be happy 

DMC, Okami, and Viewtiful Joe go to Platinum, where they belong.

Resident Evil goes to Shinji Mikami, where it belongs.

And Mega Man goes to Keiji Inafune, where he belongs.

MVC wouldn't (and couldn't) exist in a world without Capcom. It most likely would become Marvel vs Street Fighter, and would therefore follow Street Fighter to wherever. Disney can pick it up for all I care.

Ace Attorney would fit in well at Atlus, Level-5, or Spike Chunsoft.

Monster Hunter, I don't really care. Nintendo? Sony? Sure, whatever. Not Monolith Soft though, they're too busy making me more Xenogames.

Edit: read below.

I don't even want to entertain the idea a company that owns Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Street Fighter, and Monster Hunter is going under.

They could make a ton of money just offering exclusivity to Microsoft or Sony. Clearly that's why Dead Rising 3 is a X1 exclusive.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Here's my list:

Mega Man - Nintendo
Resident Evil - Konami
Street Fighter - Namco
Monster Hunter - Nintendo, more specifically Monolith Soft
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Nintendo
Breath of Fire - Nintendo, Intelligent Systems
Dead Rising - Valve
Devil May Cry - Sony, undecided which studio yet
Lost Planet - LET IT DIE!
Okami - Nintendo
Viewtiful Joe - Platinum Games
Marvel vs Capcom - Netherealm Studios

If there are any that I forgot let me know.

Netherealm doing MvC would be weird. Their style of fighting games is really different from Capcom's so I'm not sure it would fit. I actually like Netherealm's fighters better though, so I guess I wouldn't mind. The rest sounds like decent matches to me. I'd say SSM could make a seperate team for DMC, seeing as they're kind of regarded as the hack n' slash masters, although it might be kind of redundant to have them work on two fairly similar games. Maybe give it to Nintendo/Retro or something? Also, I never played Soul Sacrifice but heard it had a lot of great things going for it, so Sony Japan's take on Monster Hunter could be very interesting.

I would change DMC to Platinum Games and give Okami to Sony.

I'm guessing the OP is a Nintendo fan.

Sega should acquire and revive Way of the Samurai. Breath of Fire should go to Namco Bandai. Onimusha should go to Sony's Japan Studio. Dead Rising should go to Microsoft. Nintendo can have Ghouls 'N Ghosts.

Resident Evil should obviously go to Tango and Shinji Mikami.

Honestly, anyone could make Monster Hunter. Tecmo Koei, Namco Bandai, Marvelous, take your pick.

pokoko said:
I'm guessing the OP is a Nintendo fan.

Sega should acquire and revive Way of the Samurai. Breath of Fire should go to Namco Bandai. Onimusha should go to Sony's Japan Studio. Dead Rising should go to Microsoft. Nintendo can have Ghouls 'N Ghosts.

Resident Evil should obviously go to Tango and Shinji Mikami.

Honestly, anyone could make Monster Hunter. Tecmo Koei, Namco Bandai, Marvelous, take your pick.

Well I picked Mega Man with Nintendo because it just fits perfectly, I picked Okami with Nintendo because no one does adventure games better and maybe Nintendo could bring some Zelda elements into a new Okami game, plus I think Nintendo is one of the few people that can do that series justice, I just put Pheonix Wright with Nintendo since its already exclusive on their handhelds and idk much about BoF so take that with a grain of salt.

EricFabian said:
Nintendo

/thread

Please, Nintendo wouldn't know what to do with half of these, nor would they take on Capcom's staff.  Probably Sony or Konami would be the best fit, but to play along here are my selections. I am taking into account who could best make the game and would also be willing to do so.

Mega Man - Nintendo (yes, Retro Studios)
Resident Evil - Konami (yes)
Street Fighter - Namco (Sega because of Virtua Fighter and potential for Sega vs. Capcom)
Monster Hunter - Nintendo, more specifically Monolith Soft (Ubisoft)
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Nintendo (Gameloft)
Breath of Fire - Nintendo, Intelligent Systems (Namco, or Square Enix, or maybe Bioware as a darkhorse.)
Dead Rising - Valve (Probably Konami)
Devil May Cry - Sony, undecided which studio yet (OK)
Lost Planet - LET IT DIE! (lets try Ubisoft)
Okami - Nintendo (hmm, Nintendo would have difficulty adding anything new because of Zelda.  I'll go with Sony just so it is a different game)
Viewtiful Joe - Platinum Games (OK)
Marvel vs Capcom - Netherealm Studios (needs to stay with Streetfighter team, so I'll say Sega here too)

Ghosts and Ghoblins (Ubisoft)
Devil May Cry (Konami)
Bionic Commando (EA Mobile)

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million