By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

ethomaz said:

Imaginedvl said:

I think he is talking about you saying that the difference between the PS2 and the original Xbox was less dramatic than the Xbox One and the PS4...
I mean, no disrespect but you are really living in another world :) It seems to me that you are not really objective when you post things like that. (And I'm not only one) 

The differences between specs is bigger than Xbox-PS2.

Xbox and PS never had a over 40% gap power.

lol okay...

First the power difference between Xbox One and PS4 are highly constestable; the fact is that PS4 ismore powerfull ... but the 40% is laughable; if we just take into consideration TF; it would bring it to 28%; but then they are many other things to take into consideration. then of course; they are all those "wrong" devs out there saying that it is negligable... I mean; they must be talking about 40% difference, right? This is what they call "negligable", right?

Second the gap between the PS2/original Xbox was huge; I'm not sure where you were at this time but the Xbox was one generation ahead (not the library but the power and capabilities).

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Too_Talls said:
bananaking21 said:
can this thread hit 1000 posts? i sure do hope so.

Would be pointless if it did, it's just a retarded back and forth of two sides that are not at all interested in what the other side has to say while they both make futile efforts of changing minds that are rock hard at this point....

There is a word for what is happening now ...its on the tip of my tounge....can somebody help me out?

whatever is happening on any of your "tips" is none of my concern

and i have my reasons why i want this to reack 1k posts. mostly to make a joke thread or throw it in other peoples faces when they say they dont care about CoD, stuff like that. 

Well cod is big, but this issue is bigger than cod, if it was any other multi plat we would have the same thing happening right now.

this is special. the war between console fans is so strong, that cod and battle feild fans are teaming up against their own kind in favour of their platform. Never thought I would see cod and battle feild fans unite... that just proves this isn't really about cod. this is just a medium used to go at the never ending console war.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:

False. Even the PS3-360 gap was larger. This gen overall system difference is NOT over 40%.

It was? All I have heard from sources is that the PS4-X1 gap, while not as big as PS2-Xbox, is certainly bigger than PS3 and 360. 40%  being the minimum. I mean sure, numbers are numbers, but there are quite a bit of sources that say something similar.

While it is very hard to find concrete numbers from this gen, the ones I did find suggested anywhere from 50-100% in PS3 favor. Not to mention optical media on this gen played a huge role which won't be the case next gen.

To be honest, the only sources I ever saw mention a higher than 40% figure for total hardware performance were PS4 exclusive devs. I've seen way more multiplat devs and big names saying the hardware performance is very similar.

The net performance differences this gen are around 20-30% in PS4 favor (assuming PS4 cpu/gpu are 1.6ghz and 800mhz respectively).

nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:

It was? All I have heard from sources is that the PS4-X1 gap, while not as big as PS2-Xbox, is certainly bigger than PS3 and 360. 40%  being the minimum. I mean sure, numbers are numbers, but there are quite a bit of sources that say something similar.

While it is very hard to find concrete numbers from this gen, the ones I did find suggested anywhere from 50-100% in PS3 favor. Not to mention optical media on this gen played a huge role which won't be the case next gen.

To be honest, the only sources I ever saw mention a higher than 40% figure for total hardware performance were PS4 exclusive devs. I've seen way more multiplat devs and big names saying the hardware performance is very similar.

The net performance differences this gen are around 20-30% in PS4 favor (assuming PS4 cpu/gpu are 1.6ghz and 800mhz respectively).

Oh no no no. With last gen and any previous gen you really shouldn't look at the specs to calculate percent differences. The 360 and the PS3 hardware were worlds apart. Much smarter thing to do is look at benchmark tests and of course games. Those put the PS3 and 360 neck and neck.

TheSting said:
Captain_Tom said:
TheSting said:
9087 said:
ethomaz said:

Imaginedvl said:

I think he is talking about you saying that the difference between the PS2 and the original Xbox was less dramatic than the Xbox One and the PS4...
I mean, no disrespect but you are really living in another world :) It seems to me that you are not really objective when you post things like that. (And I'm not only one) 

A lot of people (Xbox fans mostly) are in denial about the power difference. 

Soooooooooooo what difference will that make? Will PS fans have more fun than Xbox fans?

Maybe.  BS: Infinte runs at a constant 25-30 FPS on PS3, and on 360 it often struggles to keep 20-25 FPS.  I would have more fun without the massive lag.

No I am not saying it will be that big at first, but give it 3-4 years and yes PS4 games will be keeping steady 30 FPS to keep up with PC's while Xbox One struggles for 25 and at a lower resolution.

If performance didn't matter, then no one would ever buy anything new EVER.  Drop this silly argument.

Performance isn't everything, but it surily is something!

Oh ok so everything you just said is true time traveler? Guess I don't have to ask how you know for sure. 

Because I can read and understand how the specs translate into power.  You don't.  Don't burn me for being a Wich.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
TheSting said:

Oh ok so everything you just said is true time traveler? Guess I don't have to ask how you know for sure. 

Because I can read and understand how the specs translate into power.  You don't.  Don't burn me for being a Wich.

Slightly off topic but did you know that witches float in water?

JoeTheBro said:
Captain_Tom said:
TheSting said:

I was just saying that some people of science have been flaimed for "Practicing Magic" when all they were doing is practicing chemistry others didn't understand.

Captain_Tom said:
TheSting said:
Captain_Tom said:
TheSting said:
9087 said:
ethomaz said:

Imaginedvl said:

A lot of people (Xbox fans mostly) are in denial about the power difference. 

Soooooooooooo what difference will that make? Will PS fans have more fun than Xbox fans?

Maybe.  BS: Infinte runs at a constant 25-30 FPS on PS3, and on 360 it often struggles to keep 20-25 FPS.  I would have more fun without the massive lag.

No I am not saying it will be that big at first, but give it 3-4 years and yes PS4 games will be keeping steady 30 FPS to keep up with PC's while Xbox One struggles for 25 and at a lower resolution.

If performance didn't matter, then no one would ever buy anything new EVER.  Drop this silly argument.

Performance isn't everything, but it surily is something!

It's on the internet so it's true. I believe everything you've said. Your argument swung me.

JoeTheBro said:
Captain_Tom said:
TheSting said:

Thats because they are made out of Wood.  Same reason you burn them.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

It's on the internet so it's true. I believe everything you've said. Your argument swung me.

Or I can do math: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164546