By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

Aerys said:
Cboat said activision is trying hard to get 1080p ( or 900p at least?) on Xbox One.

I think they can but they will sacrifice something else like the framerate, to be able to say " its also 1080p on xbox one ! (but dont look at the framerate please) "

I highly doubt it.

Even if Activision comes out and confirms the PS4 version is native 1080p, the IGN coverage this week has, from a graphics point of view, been pretty shitty. That has been the pretty popular reaction to the footage. But, does anyone care about graphics in CoD? People play CoD for the silky smooth gameplay and the frame rate. I think Activision would compromise resolution way before frame rate, they did it all of this current gen.

And if they have to settle for 720p at launch, will it be a big deal? No. People would still buy the game on Xbox and play it on Xbox. But, if they put out a game that looked identical to the PS4 version, but ran like ass in comparison? That might be a big deal down the line.

Activision doesn't care about the ramblings of us nerdlings on the Internet. The people making the biggest stink over this are people who are not going to be buying an Xbox One anyway. What they are more concerned with are the millions and millions that buy the console down the line. Those people don't give a shit about resolution, they want the fluid CoD gameplay.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
So, @ethomaz, for a 1080p to 720p we have to assume that Microsoft made everthing wrong and Sony made everything right, don´t we?

Or that in the long run the "gap" will be minimal?

right?

Even at long run the "gap" will be big... there are big difference between powers this time.

Actually the difference is smaller this time.

Quit spreading your unproven fud. Every dev that is not a PS4 exclusive dev has come out to say they are very similar with practically the same performance and they are both easy to develop for compared to last gen. 

It is hilarious that some of you people argue with us over the power difference being small.  It is so dang agravating when you understand PC hardware to see people who don't continue to deny what is clearly a huge power difference.

It would be like if a 4 year old said 8 is not twice as big as 4.  It is  twice as big, but the 4 year old just can't understand that.  Yet it is so obvious to us...

J_Allard said:
Aerys said:
Cboat said activision is trying hard to get 1080p ( or 900p at least?) on Xbox One.

I think they can but they will sacrifice something else like the framerate, to be able to say " its also 1080p on xbox one ! (but dont look at the framerate please) "

I highly doubt it.

Even if Activision comes out and confirms the PS4 version is native 1080p, the IGN coverage this week has, from a graphics point of view, been pretty shitty. That has been the pretty popular reaction to the footage. But, does anyone care about graphics in CoD? People play CoD for the silky smooth gameplay and the frame rate. I think Activision would compromise resolution way before frame rate, they did it all of this current gen.

And if they have to settle for 720p at launch, will it be a big deal? No. People would still buy the game on Xbox and play it on Xbox. But, if they put out a game that looked identical to the PS4 version, but ran like ass in comparison? That might be a big deal down the line.

Activision doesn't care about the ramblings of us nerdlings on the Internet. The people making the biggest stink over this are people who are not going to be buying an Xbox One anyway. What they are more concerned with are the millions and millions that buy the console down the line. Those people don't give a shit about resolution, they want the fluid CoD gameplay.

QFT

Couldn't have said it any better. Ghost is the onlything the bone's version is beating the ps4's version in in pre orders. that irretates the other side for one reason or another so they are making a big deal over it for 2 reasons.

1. I'ts the new big topic to hate on the xbox with.

2. Futile hopes that the trend of cod fans favoring xbox changes.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Captain_Tom said:
nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
So, @ethomaz, for a 1080p to 720p we have to assume that Microsoft made everthing wrong and Sony made everything right, don´t we?

Or that in the long run the "gap" will be minimal?

right?

Even at long run the "gap" will be big... there are big difference between powers this time.

Quit spreading your unproven fud. Every dev that is not a PS4 exclusive dev has come out to say they are very similar with practically the same performance and they are both easy to develop for compared to last gen. 

It is hilarious that some of you people argue with us over the power difference being small.  It is so dang agravating when you understand PC hardware to see people who don't continue to deny what is clearly a huge power difference.

It would be like if a 4 year old said 8 is not twice as big as 4.  It is  twice as big, but the 4 year old just can't understand that.  Yet it is so obvious to us...

whos "us"?

self proclaimed computer graphical gurus? You're really just tuting your own horn hoping for a pat on the back here.

You may generally know more about commputer shelf products than an average joe, but ust how much do you know really?

I would sooner belive the large mount of major game developers who have claimed both systems are close in power than self proclaimed forum know it alls.

Post a game you developed and maybe my impression will improve.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

well, COD ghost on PS4 will be the definitive version to get for consoles. one has to wonder if this will be a repeating occurrence on multiplats. xbone is in a bad position indeed.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Aerys said:

I highly doubt it.

Its not just about COD is also about Xbone costing $100 more and being less powerful than PS4, its about multiplats being superior on PS4, its about PS4 being the easiest to develop games while being the most powerful yet cheaper console.

Rafux said:
J_Allard said:
Aerys said:

I highly doubt it.

Its not just about COD is also about Xbone costing $100 more and being less powerful than PS4, its about multiplats being superior on PS4, its about PS4 being the easiest to develop games while being the most powerful yet cheaper console.

Most of that is heresay and is irrelevant to the discussion about Activision and CoD anyway.

So lets say the Xbone is massively less powerful and IW has to make sacrifices. All I am saying is they would sacrifice resolution before they sacrifice frame rate.

J_Allard said:
Rafux said:
J_Allard said:
Aerys said:

I highly doubt it.

Most of that is heresay and is irrelevant to the discussion about Activision and CoD anyway.

So lets say the Xbone is massively less powerful and IW has to make sacrifices. All I am saying is they would sacrifice resolution before they sacrifice frame rate.

Like he said, its not about COD, its about Microsoft and the xbox one being less powerful than the PS4 for $100 more with real differences in games. ( what most of people didnt believe, when there will be facts, they wont be able to deny it anymore)

It would be very bad for microsoft and they are in partnership, this is why activision is trying hard to improve that, Xbox one reputation depends on this big game and everyone is looking at the resolution now, so they could make sacrifices on other things while people are not looking and focusing on the resolution ( maybe not the frame rate).

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ethomaz said:

nightsurge said:

Yeah... believe in what you want lol

This is the first time I saw so big gap between two consoles in the same generation.

PS4 - Xbone >> Xbox - PS2 > PS3 - 360

The Xbox to PS2 gap was huge, I seriously doubt PS4 and Xbone will have that big a disparity.

Aerys said:

Like he said, its not about COD, its about Microsoft and the xbox one being less powerful than the PS4 for $100 more with real differences in games. ( what most of people didnt believe, when there will be facts, they wont be able to deny it anymore)

It would be very bad for microsoft and they are in partnership, this is why activision is trying hard to improve that, Xbox one reputation depends on this big game and everyone is looking at the resolution now, so they could make sacrifices on other things while people are not looking and focusing on the resolution ( maybe not the frame rate).

First part of the reply has nothing to do with my post he quoted.

Xbox One can be $100 more expensive, IW will still drop frame rate last.
Xbox One can be less powerful, IW will still drop frame rate last.
Xbox One can be harder to develop on, IW will still drop frame rate last.

Who are these people ("everyone") who are now looking at resolution? Hardcore gamers? GAF? If you went by these people, CoD would sell 10 copies a year. Activision is not worried about these people. They're worried about the millions of others who buy CoD and don't care about resolution. What would be worse to those people? A bunch of people complaining about resolution on the Internet, or an actual frame rate issue with their game that they will notice every single time they play? Is there suddenly this huge shift towards being all about resolution that wasn't there last year, the last time there was a sub-HD CoD release? No. The difference is now we have GAF making a big stink.

I don't see why they'd exchange one "bad" technical feature (720p) for an even worse one to the franchise (30 FPS). Especially when none of the CoD games this last gen were 720p. And there is also the fact that the PS4 footage shown looks terrible. If they dropped the frame rate to hit 1080p, then the trolls would go on about how the game runs at 60fps on PS4 and 30 or whatever on Xbox One. They can easily slap 1080p on the back of the box (upscaled) and be fine with it. I call BS on the entire reputation of Xbox One resting on the shoulders of a cross gen, multiplatform 3rd party title as well. Not when you have games like Forza, Ryse, and Dead Rising 3 launching right alongside it.