By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
We have to love Sony´s jabs at press conferences, it´s so imature and pointless that makes gaffers jizz their pants off.

I missed that part, did he say "I just went to ask IW if the game is rendering every asset and frame at 1080p, and yes, it native 1080p"... or "I recived a memo from IW..." or "I ask one of our engineer pixel count the last Ghosts build...".???

No?? so we just have to accept the guy is in just PR extravaganza to feed gaffers with pointless threads for 2 or 3 days.

Confirmed 1080p native on PS4.

That´s the first time I have ever heard of a press conference where the host steps in with "native resolution". It´s pointless, half the press wouldn´t understand or care.

This is just a thing that come from the last months where there was noting to distinguish both consoles. It´s starting to get wierd, when we are a few weeks and we have seen NONE multplat game that show this kind of discrepance (or even a more realistic 1080p vc 900p or 900p vs 720p).

Any way.

Of course PS4 Ghosts is 1080p. IW said they were targeting 60FPS and 1080p back in June.

You say you are a tech guy, you went deep into every detail leaked from both hardware. Tell me, honestly, is there any thing that could explain a 125% power difference??!!

Around the Network

Dark_Feanor said:

That´s the first time I have ever heard of a press conference where the host steps in with "native resolution". It´s pointless, half the press wouldn´t understand or care.

This is just a thing that come from the last months where there was noting to distinguish both consoles. It´s starting to get wierd, when we are a few weeks and we have seen NONE multplat game that show this kind of discrepance (or even a more realistic 1080p vc 900p or 900p vs 720p).

Any way.

Of course PS4 Ghosts is 1080p. IW said they were targeting 60FPS and 1080p back in June.

You say you are a tech guy, you went deep into every detail leaked from both hardware. Tell me, honestly, is there any thing that could explain a 125% power difference??!!

Yeah... a lot... from my head now programming dificult, early/rushed software (drivers, apis, etc), lazy developers, etc... can even show more difference.

The big talk in the corridors is that eSRAM is really a pain in the ass to use right now... the MS DevTools are imature too.

So, @ethomaz, for a 1080p to 720p we have to assume that Microsoft made everthing wrong and Sony made everything right, don´t we?

Or that in the long run the "gap" will be minimal?

right?

FATALITY said:

nvm

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Wouldn't copies of the game already be made and shipped to retailers by now? The idea that they are holding off confirmation to bump the x1 version to 1080 doesn't seem logical.......that would mean they already threw away a shit load of cash on the games they already produced.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network
Too_Talls said:
Wouldn't copies of the game already be made and shipped to retailers by now? The idea that they are holding off confirmation to bump the x1 version to 1080 doesn't seem logical.......that would mean they already through away a shit load of cash on the games they already produced.

I havent heard about it having gone gold yet, That would probably be big news

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Dark_Feanor said:
So, @ethomaz, for a 1080p to 720p we have to assume that Microsoft made everthing wrong and Sony made everything right, don´t we?

Or that in the long run the "gap" will be minimal?

right?

Even at long run the "gap" will be big... there are big difference between powers this time.

Too_Talls said:

Wouldn't copies of the game already be made and shipped to retailers by now? The idea that they are holding off confirmation to bump the x1 version to 1080 doesn't seem logical.......that would mean they already threw away a shit load of cash on the games they already produced.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I'm getting the PS4 version anyways.

This is kind of sad news though. I hope X1 doesn't make devs target 720p this generation.

CGI-Quality said:
DD_Bwest said:
Too_Talls said:
Wouldn't copies of the game already be made and shipped to retailers by now? The idea that they are holding off confirmation to bump the x1 version to 1080 doesn't seem logical.......that would mean they already through away a shit load of cash on the games they already produced.

I havent heard about it having gone gold yet, That would probably be big news

I'd imagine withless than 2 weeks left (for the current gen/PC versions), the game has gone Gold already (I can't imagine them not all going Gold at the same time, but hey, could be, with the PS4/X1 versions coming a tad later). It would have to be one of the biggest crunch times in the history of gaming, if it hasn't, regardless. You're alloted 2 weeks to a month of time on most titles, because you have to worry about marketing, shipments, and processing - all of which take a considerable amount of time and man power with an IP like Call of Duty.

Thanx, i did a 30 second google search and didnt see anything on it.  It is really close to release tho

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz