By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

This long of a thread over a small difference in graphics? Meh, guess I ain't into this console war business.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network
Too_Talls said:

i dont need to rephrase nothing 

just relax and enjoy

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Too_Talls said:

I don't see the ps4 supporters bringing this up though. and for missing textures, looking at the B4 screens the PS4 was more consistently missing them than than what I saw from x'1 screens.

look at the floor in this:

-- picture

I don't know about that but...

"Otherwise, differences between the two fall into nit-pick territory. Ground textures appear different during the campaign mode, with variations of the same texture being planted in the same spot. Neither one is especially greater in detail, suggesting these tiles are partially randomised, much like the soldier camo designs on our character's arms."

Seems like these textures are ramdomised... so how can we compare?

Zelhawks37 said:
This long of a thread over a small difference in graphics? Meh, guess I ain't into this console war business.

Small? When a MP looks better than SP you know the gap is huge.

FATALITY said:
Too_Talls said:

just relax and enjoy

I will save the 9 mins and assume he was pro ps4 on the graphics. I am finishing up at work gatta write up some stuff before I leave.

I am sure his opinion is eclisped by others. I have seen mixed reviews and I doub't really hold youtubers in that high of a reguard. Piece brehren. 

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network
Too_Talls said:
FATALITY said:
Too_Talls said:

just relax and enjoy

I will save the 9 mins and assume he was pro ps4 on the graphics. I am finishing up at work gatta write up some stuff before I leave.

I am sure his opinion is eclisped by others. I have seen mixed reviews and I doub't really hold youtubers in that high of a reguard. Piece brehren. 

good luck my friend 

god bless u

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Too_Talls said:

Wait? Some me one place that says that BF4 didn't on PS4 look better than BF4 on Xbone.. ALL REVIEWERS THAT PLAYED SAID THE SAME.

There is not mixed review.

Too_Talls said:
CGI-Quality said:
Too_Talls said:
michael_stutzer said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I didn't think people on this website cared about CoD so much?

It is not about COD, it is what it indicates that is truly alarming. You do realize that having the significantly superior version in every multiplatform game means one of the consoles is significantly stronger than the other, right? Or you think this is an isolated case, though I vaguely remember you were around in Battlefield threads as well.

Or maybe, I don't think that is true but maybe, you are a bit biased.

But 360 had the better verisons of multi plats, was it significantly superior? Is there a double standard?

In some cases, yes, the differences were pretty significant, especially 7th gen launch games. Call of Duty 3 ran @ 30fps on the PS3, while running at much higher 60 on the 360, for example, and don't even get me started on Splinter Cell: Double Agent, which was horrific on the PlayStation 3.

In the case of In the case of these launch titles, beyond missing textures, AO, shadows, and lighting, a resolution difference of double the rate is not a minor one. Will it remain that way? Who knows. For right now, the differences aren't slight and there isn't a double standard when this stuff was picked apart on the PS3 as well.

I don't see the ps4 supporters bringing this up though. and for missing textures, looking at the B4 screens the PS4 was more consistently missing them than than what I saw from x'1 screens.

look at the floor in this:

I'm no expert, but all I see is the same image where in one is kept as is and the other had it sharpened to hell and back and brightness and contrast tweeked to who knows how much making it look all dark and kinda ugly to my eyes. Its like creating an illusion where in it has more details and color and stuff at first glance, but if you take a second look, you see that its the same shit.

Well, the truth is starting to come out. And I guess this means horrible jaggies like those on BF4 for the One.

60fps is all I care about, just like this gen. And of course when we see the game it will be just like BF4, negligible differences at best.