By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony explains why DualShock 4 dropped touchscreen

EricFabian said:
outlawauron said:
melbye said:
To bad. the WiiU-gamepad is the best controller since the Gamecube-controller

The Gamecube controller was considered good?

of course! One of the best!

OP: I still want a touchscreen controller. Gamepad >>>>> all

Had no idea. I loved my Cube, but always disliked the controller. The button layout and the weird C stick were awful.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Glad they changed it, we get 3 different controllers this gen. If they were all the same it'd be boring.

I don't think I would have minded, I like the screen on the WiiU my only beef with the WiiU's controller is that It doesn't feel right in my hands thats probably because of the size of it.

people think Sony abandoned this because of wii u? They probably researched this before Wii U was announced and if anything tipped thm off not to use it then it would have been the vita.

Playstation: The only time you cant classify taking over a $200 loss and going with unproven media formats, as taking a risk.

Around the Network

Sony has already wasted enough resources trying to breathe life into the Vita, so I'm glad they went with this decision. I just don't understand why anyone would need a second screen. To see menus or maps in smaller size rather than larger? A useless distraction and having to fiddle with two screens instead of one.

I don't understand how a game can be enjoyed looking forward and downward frequently. I don't even look at the person I talk while I play games even though I listen to him what he says.