By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Advertising Campaign Is The Biggest In Sony's History

I've seen 2 commercials so far and they aren't that great. The most common would be the Taco Bell ad where the guys show up late to the battle and one where two guys sing to eachother through various scenes from games.

Neither one shows off any features or specific games. I guess they make people aware of the PS4, but don't show any reason to buy one.

Are there more out there I haven't seen? Something more feature or game specific?

Because so far, I'm not too impressed. (with the ads)

Around the Network

Why does Sony always wait for momentum to happen before they put money behind things? Thank god, but thats a bad omen for things that people don't naturally gravitate to.

Zekkyou said:
I believe the most appropriate comment for such news is "fucking finally".

i don't know where you live but here in germany sony was already advertising more than microsoft and nintendo together for current gen. the last months where really heavy with tlou, gta, beyond, diablo 3, playstation+maxdome and so on...

that's why i never understood why people say sony doesn't advertise enough because i saw a ps3 ad like every day for the last 7 years or so (this is an exaggeration)...not to forget their huge partnership with the champions league as one of the main sponsors for many years now..

maybe it's not that much in usa and uk but in germany and i would bet in most other european countries sony should easily advertise the most since ps2 or ps1 times. probably the reason why playstation is so big in most european countries and xbox in usa and uk. 

but for next gen i didn't see a single ad yet. not for ps4 and not for xbox one. i wonder when it will start here. seems liuke usa is always very early with advertisement for consoles and games.

NiKKoM said:
Remember: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/02/13/sony-pushing-vita-with-biggest-marketing-campaign-in-company-history/

Well yeah.  I mean, this stuff is all sort of fluff when you think about it.

First off, currency inflation.

Secondly, add prices have risen higher then inflation has since PS2 days.

Thirdly viewership has greatly diversified requiring more add space to get the same amount of eyes on your product.

Really, if anything I'd say for it's time.  The Playstation launch was probably truly the biggest... and will always remain so.  Helly sony was throwing millions of dollars at companies like square for their games to advertise.

crissindahouse said:

that's why i never understood why people say sony doesn't advertise enough because i saw a ps3 ad like every day for the last 7 years or so (this is an exaggeration)...not to forget their huge partnership with the champions league as one of the main sponsors for many years now..

I think it's more Vita owners who have watched game after game go out to absolutely no marketing whatsoever.

This year alone they've sent Soul Sacrifice, Sly Cooper and Killzone Mercenary out to die. No doubt Tearaway and Invizimals will follow.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I certainly have seen more marketing for the PS4 then for the Xbox One both online and on TV.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54