By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metacritic of 91 for Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut on Wii U

It's a decent game and far from great.

Story was on the weaker side, the morals and ethics and moral choices poor.

The level design and mission design was far too linear and artificial and it all felt forced, as if the whole game was designed based on a game-making manual. Every task, every placement of objects and people, everything you are supposed to do in this game is too thought out and directed. Nothing is spontaneous or random. No room to improvise. Damn, I hate this cynically directed game design. This is my biggest criticism about this game.

Stealth gameplay was poor and AI poor.

It felt very much like Rage, only slightly better. Both are very cynical in their game design, both feel forced and artificial.

I don't even know if it's a decent game.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:

Wii U only has 2 AAA games and its been on the market for a year???

PS3 got more in first half of 2013 alone

EDIT: Holy shit, only 14 games that are 75+ !!! Damn (sorry for going off topic, but I find this quite fascinating)

The PS3s first year wasnt exactly stellar, much the same as pretty much every consoles first year. Its having an amazing year this year though which i find a bit odd conisdering the PS4 is coming out. Just saying its a bit harsh to compare any consoles first year too the ps3s this year. As far as im concerned ive enejoyed what the wiiu has put out so far reviewers blessings or not.

As far as deus ex goes, I know its coming to the other consoles for cheaper so why bother?

I have the ps3 version, while I thought it was good...for some reason I haven't finished it

*i believe at the boss with the machine gun hand is where I said "fuck it" and started playing something else

Slimebeast said:

The level design and mission design was far too linear and artificial and it all felt forced, as if the whole game was designed based on a game-making manual. Every task, every placement of objects and people, everything you are supposed to do in this game is too thought out and directed. Nothing is spontaneous or random. No room to improvise. Damn, I hate this cynically directed game design. This is my biggest criticism about this game.

It felt very much like Rage, only slightly better. Both are very cynical in their game design, both feel forced and artificial.

Yet you have the worst Elder Scrolls game in your sig.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Slimebeast said:

Yet you have the worst Elder Scrolls game in your sig.

You've really gotta work on your posting style, man.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

PS3 version for me, with Vita it has pretty much all of the same features and i have a vita, plus its not as expensive as Wii U one so...yeah

Buying it the second it comes down to 40 dollars, I can pay 10 extra for the special features of the Wii U edition, but not more.

I have my fingers crossed for a thanksgiving discount or maybe an Amazon gold box deal.

Really weird what Square Eidos are doing in the States with this game. It's only £2 more expensive than the PS3 and 360 SKUs here in the UK and it's, what, $20 more expensive..? It's almost as if they want it to fail.

day one for me, price is not a problem.

34 years playing games.

Kane1389 said:

Wii U only has 2 AAA games and its been on the market for a year???

PS3 got more in first half of 2013 alone

EDIT: Holy shit, only 14 games that are 75+ !!! Damn (sorry for going off topic, but I find this quite fascinating)

Petty