By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OMG! I want this. Killer instinct at the Xbox One Tour Microsoft Store Boston.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
SMH at people saying the new Killer Instinct sucks yet haven't played it. I played it and all I can say is the game is amazing.

You dont need to play KI to spot the differences. Many people watched in awe as the best players played the old version of the game. K2 was better looking than this in gameplay but not as popular as the first. Looks like a good game but when you say KI its a bit weaker. Very good looking game though repetitive looking in its combos. The old KI had a limited move list so it cycled through the moves for the combos making them that much sicker.

Please remove the nostalgia goggles. Every single character in the original KI was a rushdown character. This new Ki has different types of fighting styles. It actually has mechanics that need to be mastered. Go watch some of Maximillian's videos on YouTube and you get a better impression of what the new KI has to offer. Once again you obviously haven't played it so you don't know what you're talking about.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
smroadkill15 said:
KylieDog said:
It says Killer Instinct but I see no recogisable characters, no blood, no ultimate combos, no danger moves, no stage finishers, so it cannot be Killer Instinct.

1. There is blood. 
2. There will be ultimate combos, just not at launch. Double Helix said they are focusing on more important stuff first.
3. Characters are reconizable. If you really can't stand the new characters skins there will be classic skins avaliable for purchase.
4. I'm sure just like ultimate combos they can add danger moves post launch. 

The only thing that you listed that is for sure not in the game is stage finishers. If you really can't stand the new KI for whatever reason the original will be avaliable to purchase with online multiplayer.   

Thank god for the original. Hopefully the remastered its sexiness. 

From what I understand it's a straight up emulation so it wont be remastered in HD. Also forgot online will be added later. 

tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
SMH at people saying the new Killer Instinct sucks yet haven't played it. I played it and all I can say is the game is amazing.

You dont need to play KI to spot the differences. Many people watched in awe as the best players played the old version of the game. K2 was better looking than this in gameplay but not as popular as the first. Looks like a good game but when you say KI its a bit weaker. Very good looking game though repetitive looking in its combos. The old KI had a limited move list so it cycled through the moves for the combos making them that much sicker.

Please remove the nostalgia goggles. Every single character in the original KI was a rushdown character. This new Ki has different types of fighting styles. It actually has mechanics that need to be mastered. Go watch some of Maximillian's videos on YouTube and you get a better impression of what the new KI has to offer. Once again you obviously haven't played it so you don't know what you're talking about.

Um no. Every fighter had a range they were good at. Some characters are not smart to use at close quarters and others were better at close range, and that is telling of how much you know. Take Jago for instance, he covered all bases in the first KI. If you look at this new KI he's mostly a close range fighter, whereas in the first KI and the second he was an all around fighter. He had the full screen cresent kick for when he was far away from his opponent and I have yet to see that kick. When he was close up he had a upward slash that he used to beat out opponents before they attacked and not once have I seen it in the new game.

This was the start up I spoke of which is quite basic using the spinning cresent kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLUBMILFZiI

I have yet to see Jago in his true form and stance. They've completely changed him. He looks more like Ryu (from SF4) and Jago had a baby and he took Ryu's moveset.

Stop talking about nostalgia goggles when you're talking to someone who is actually a fan of series. No one is attacking you for sounding like a new fan. No one is saying the game doesnt look fun at a bare bones level. It does look good and no one is denying that. Again, theres something called criticism, so stop acting like people who actually grew up on the franchise shouldnt have an opinion.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:

Um no. Every fighter had a range they were good at. Some characters are not smart to use at close quarters and others were better at close range, and that is telling of how much you know. Take Jago for instance, he covered all bases in the first KI. If you look at this new KI he's mostly a close range fighter, whereas in the first KI and the second he was an all around fighter. He had the full screen cresent kick for when he was far away from his opponent and I have yet to see that kick. When he was close up he had a upward slash that he used to beat out opponents before they attacked and not once have I seen it in the new game.

This was the start up I spoke of which is quite basic using the spinning cresent kick.

I have yet to see Jago in his true form and stance. They've completely changed him. He looks more like Ryu (from SF4) and Jago had a baby and he took Ryu's moveset.

Stop talking about nostalgia goggles when you're talking to someone who is actually a fan of series. No one is attacking you for sounding like a new fan. No one is saying the game doesnt look fun at a bare bones level. It does look good and no one is denying that. Again, theres something called criticism, so stop acting like people who actually grew up on the franchise shouldnt have an opinion.

First of all I have been gaming since the Atari 2600 and have played every KI so I'm not a new fan. Second of all you haven't played the game and I have. End of discussion.

tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:

First of all I have been gaming since the Atari 260 and have played every KI so I'm not a new fan. Second of all you haven't played the game and I have. End of discussion.

So then show me where I was wrong and act like an educated person. Telling me I haven't played it isn't saying much. Explain in-depth about the experience and how it does not translate to what I said.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:

First of all I have been gaming since the Atari 260 and have played every KI so I'm not a new fan. Second of all you haven't played the game and I have. End of discussion.

So then show me where I was wrong and act like an educated person. Telling me I haven't played it isn't saying much. Explain in-depth about the experience and how it does not translate to what I said.

I don't need to explain in depth to prove you wrong.  If you want to see some in depth explanation by someone who has hours and hours of gameplay experience then watch the videos on this channel.

He has video breakdowns of many of the characters plus gameplay changes from the original KI and how the game plays.

tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:

I don't need to explain in depth to prove you wrong.  If you want to see some in depth explanation by someone who has hours and hours of gameplay experience then watch the videos on this channel.

He has video breakdowns of many of the characters plus gameplay changes from the original KI and how the game plays.

I've seen the video, thanks. Though it explains more than you ever would try to . Since you claimed experience matters more then I wanted your take, not someone elses so essentially you just copped out.I already know the game has taken grab transistors, bars from MVC, Arial attack connectors from MK. I don't need to play things to read them from what I am looking at when I've actively been playing them without stopping for over fifteen years. It's amazing how you can send me a video to prove a point to me that I've been telling you just from watching videos myself.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tuscaniman99 said:

I've seen the video, thanks. Though it explains more than you ever would try to . Since you claimed experience matters more then I wanted your take, not someone elses so essentially you just copped out.I already know the game has taken grab transistors, bars from MVC, Arial attack connectors from MK. I don't need to play things to read them from what I am looking at when I've actively been playing them without stopping for over fifteen years. It's amazing how you can send me a video to prove a point to me that I've been telling you just from watching videos myself.

You're point was trying to prove that KI was more in depth than the new one. No point in arguing with you since it's a waste of time. If KI was on that other console I already know you would be singing its praises.

KylieDog said:
It says Killer Instinct but I see no recogisable characters, no blood, no ultimate combos, no danger moves, no stage finishers, so it cannot be Killer Instinct.

It is one stage. We dont know if they even know any ultimate combos. Seriously you are jumping the gun on most of that. Why so desperate to play it down? Not buying an X1 and need to play down its offerings so you dont feel left out?

killer instinct looks last gen in my opinion.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros