By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderator announcement - The "Shoot, Kill and Dismember the messenger" attitude

pezus said:
Yet another new rule due to MS fans!
Remember Man-Bear and partial nudity, and now this (we all know why this is).

Not too absurd to understand why. Ask anyone, and they would say it's important that do our best to protect species on the verge of extinction. :D:D:D

jk don't ban me please, I'm just a messenger.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

If anything, this is down to the Sony fanbase here for the recent actions in kowenicki's thread and the general behaviour with Selnor over the last Week.

Nope. Kowenicki's post was just the latest incident. The victimhood mentality that some MS fans have been projecting that adds nothing to the discussion (which this rule now encompasses) has been going on for a really long time. Nither side is right but I'm glad it will cut down on the useless nonsense posts such as "Oh how typical of Sony fans in a MS thread"

BTW - the people who got banned in Selnors thread were not Sony fans. The people who got banned in Kowenickis thread was mostly Sony fans but a couple of MS fans and (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/78390/azerth/) ban stems from the posts that I eluded to above

Adinnieken said:
dallas said:
Seece said:
Kresnik said:

Seece said:

I do think users (from any "faction") that post negative news for a company they obviously don't like, quite often, should be told to cut it out.

I think we need to start assessing it on a relevance basis.  Current news articles relating to gaming are fine, even if they're just one piece of bad news after another; but dredging up stuff from months ago just to post something negative or having a completely unrelative article may be things we have to start clamping down on.

Yeah, I have one user in mind who is here just to trash MS and mainly only posts MS Windows related threads vs Google ... completely irrelevent to gaming.

It's just in bad taste generally though.

It realistically wwon't happen until Msft or the xbox gets a lot more fans.  Given the current sales predictions for the xb1 sales as not being too good, I don't think that msft fans will dominate the boards.  Thetefore if somebody wants to post a negative article there, it's just fine.

There are over 13,000 subscribers to the Xbox One subreddit on Reddit.  The fact that there are so few here has nothing to do with how many fans there are of the Xbox 360 or Xbox One, it's that we as a fan base here have to deal with people that make being here unenjoyable. 

How you can compare two consoles, which are almost even in terms of unit sales, and say one community is larger than the other is beyond me.  That seems to suggest an uncanny bias on your part.

Reddit ddoesn't pay the bills here, it is the people that visit this website and click on the ads here who keep it  running. So whatever reddit does is irrelevant. But thanks for playing!

Seece said:
dallas said:
Seece said:
Kresnik said:

I think we need to start assessing it on a relevance basis.  Current news articles relating to gaming are fine, even if they're just one piece of bad news after another; but dredging up stuff from months ago just to post something negative or having a completely unrelative article may be things we have to start clamping down on.

Yeah, I have one user in mind who is here just to trash MS and mainly only posts MS Windows related threads vs Google ... completely irrelevent to gaming.

It's just in bad taste generally though.

It realistically wwon't happen until Msft or the xbox gets a lot more fans.  Given the current sales predictions for the xb1 sales as not being too good, I don't think that msft fans will dominate the boards.  Thetefore if somebody wants to post a negative article there, it's just fine.

Fact is at one point soon you're gonna be permabanned anyway, so evidently it isn't fine.

Oh thtop being so thenthative (with lisp).

~ Mod Edit ~

This user has been moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.

Can this also apply to people who come into positive threads and try spreading negativity. An example being someone makes a thread about a console reaching a sales milestone or having a good week then someone comes in and say something like "ya but its still in last place or psssh its tracking behind its predecessor"

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I agree, Which is why I try to avoid making threads that will make users hate me for posting it. I do see both sides of the story though, we do see the same members posting the same negative threads quite alot.

dallas said:
Seece said:

Fact is at one point soon you're gonna be permabanned anyway, so evidently it isn't fine.

Oh thtop being so thenthative (with lisp).

Ah sorry to disappoint you but not all gay people have lisps ;)

I wasn't being sensitive just saying it how it is, and won't be a moment too soon.

zorg1000 said:
Can this also apply to people who come into positive threads and try spreading negativity. An example being someone makes a thread about a console reaching a sales milestone or having a good week then someone comes in and say something like "ya but its still in last place or psssh its tracking behind its predecessor"

No because that isnt even the same thing. That would be going against the reason for this. This thread makes sure someone can come in and say something like that and that if the people get attacked as "oh youre just a sony fan" then it calls for a moderation on that

Thanks.

Moderators are not just messengers though are they? Its up to them to interpret and enforce the rules as they see fit often leading to situations where personal bias can come into it making people feel discriminated against in the forums.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE