By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderator announcement - The "Shoot, Kill and Dismember the messenger" attitude

theprof00 said:
Just send me a msg if I've been a recent offender please. I get threatened with silly accusations all the time so I can't be bothered to sweat stuff like this.
Like, I'm not even sure what this new "rule" means.
Is it just those posters who say "Oh look X posting negative Y news, how novel"
Cuz if so then let's just write it in plain English so we can avoid all the annoying yip yapping about rule-breaking.

Yes this is the kind of posts we're trying to stop and  I don't recall you doing recently.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Seece said:

I do think users (from any "faction") that post negative news for a company they obviously don't like, quite often, should be told to cut it out.

I think we need to start assessing it on a relevance basis.  Current news articles relating to gaming are fine, even if they're just one piece of bad news after another; but dredging up stuff from months ago just to post something negative or having a completely unrelative article will be things we have to start clamping down on.

Kresnik said:

Seece said:

I do think users (from any "faction") that post negative news for a company they obviously don't like, quite often, should be told to cut it out.

I think we need to start assessing it on a relevance basis.  Current news articles relating to gaming are fine, even if they're just one piece of bad news after another; but dredging up stuff from months ago just to post something negative or having a completely unrelative article may be things we have to start clamping down on.

Yeah, I have one user in mind who is here just to trash MS and mainly only posts MS Windows related threads vs Google ... completely irrelevent to gaming.

It's just in bad taste generally though.

Kresnik said:

Seece said:

I think we need to start assessing it on a relevance basis.  Current news articles relating to gaming are fine, even if they're just one piece of bad news after another; but dredging up stuff from months ago just to post something negative or having a completely unrelative article may be things we have to start clamping down on.

That would actually help a lot.  I do think someone made a good point earlier about misleading titles to make it appear negative as well.  I think people will start reporting this stuff more often if mods do something about it. 

Seece said:
Kresnik said:

Seece said:

Yeah, I have one user in mind who is here just to trash MS and mainly only posts MS Windows related threads vs Google ... completely irrelevent to gaming.

It's just in bad taste generally though.

It realistically wwon't happen until Msft or the xbox gets a lot more fans.  Given the current sales predictions for the xb1 sales as not being too good, I don't think that msft fans will dominate the boards.  Thetefore if somebody wants to post a negative article there, it's just fine.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
So if a user post false info, and I prove him wrong. I can report that user?

No and if you're "contemptuous" of them for spreading misinformation you can be moderated for it.

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Just send me a msg if I've been a recent offender please. I get threatened with silly accusations all the time so I can't be bothered to sweat stuff like this.
Like, I'm not even sure what this new "rule" means.
Is it just those posters who say "Oh look X posting negative Y news, how novel"
Cuz if so then let's just write it in plain English so we can avoid all the annoying yip yapping about rule-breaking.

Yes this is the kind of posts we're trying to stop and  I don't recall you doing recently.

cool. im glad we have it in writing. And yeah I dont do that. Id say it's pretty obviously off-topic and trolling

bubblegamer said:

People cancelling their PS4 preorders on Forums around the net

I'm still cancelling my WiiU pre-order even it's been released. Don't single out PS4.

Balmer looks like uncle Fester

Moderated - Kresnik.

theprof00 said:

cool. im glad we have it in writing. And yeah I dont do that. Id say it's pretty obviously off-topic and trolling

I think the ones in support of this rule are going to not like it soon. Those kinds of posts always annoyed the piss out of me.