By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Flood of Wii third-party support is here!

Why is this title particularly insulting, though? Because it's aimed at girls? It's really no different than a Dragonball Z or One Piece or Transformers game.

I think we tend to give the shovelware games at our demographic (young males) a passover, and relentless mock the shovelware for other demographics (Barbie games, Hannah Montana, this game).

The worst, however, is that we somehow manage to relentless mock the good games aimed at these other demographics (The Sims got tons of flack back in the day, Nintendogs still does, and Wii Fit, if it turns out to be as good as I expect). 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

in all honest these little guys are big--i had to watch a little girls one time with my wife and we took 2 hours naming a few dozen of these things

Bodhesatva said:

Why is this title particularly insulting, though? Because it's aimed at girls? It's really no different than a Dragonball Z or One Piece or Transformers game.

I think we tend to give the shovelware games at our demographic (young males) a passover, and relentless mock the shovelware for other demographics (Barbie games, Hannah Montana, this game).

The worst, however, is that we somehow manage to relentless mock the good games aimed at these other demographics (The Sims got tons of flack back in the day, Nintendogs still does, and Wii Fit, if it turns out to be as good as I expect).

I will make fun of The Sims all day, even though it is quality, simply because of the people I know who play it.

Nintendogs actually looks fun to me.  Wii Fit looks like it could be pretty cool too.  Those games at least have some more stringent quality assurance standards.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

This is why Nintendo needs to put restrictions on quality. Some quality control to prevent shit loads of shovel ware from bogging down an otherwise great system. Stop the flood of shovel ware Nintendo put an end to it!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:
This is why Nintendo needs to put restrictions on quality. Some quality control to prevent shit loads of shovel ware from bogging down an otherwise great system. Stop the flood of shovel ware Nintendo put an end to it!

How exactly does shovel ware hurt a platform? If that was the case, PCs would have stopped selling decades ago.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:

Just like Sony did the last 2 generations?

What do you care if there are a MILLION crappy games? You just don't buy them! 

akuma587 said:
brute said:
well thats what happens to all the winning consoles they get alot of shovelware

Shovelware does help, undoubtedly, particularly with attracting younger people/people who don't play often. Getting these kind of titles will definitely help the Wii in the long run. I just don't think it is what most of you are looking for.

You're right, this isn't what most of us here are looking for.

Thanks for your concern though, it's touching.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I'm buying that one... not really, it's sad that 3rd party publishers are publishing crap and then complaining that it doesn't sell.

Please register :)

Joelcool7 said:

You mean, like Nintendo did with the N64? Because that strategy worked out SO WELL back then!

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Leave it to EA. They could use the Wii to pull out some ancient 16-bit "risky" properties from when they used to be sweet (we were just playing General Chaos last night, which would be perfect for a remake), but here's their Plan A.