By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Gorgeous Knack Screens (Very Smoothly Between 30 and 60 fps)

Tagged games:

When i look at Knack, it just reminds me of sonic unleashed. The parts where he turns into a wolf. Those sections of the game were awful to be honest.

I want to get Knack in my hands to see if I can get hyped for it or not.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
pezus said:
ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:
"between"?! guys, either locked 30 or 60 but not between... better keep 30 locked, it's a jump'n'run, not so crucial here.

A lot of games runs betwwen... variable framerate... MGS4 for example... 30-60fps.

Also GoW III

So now it's three people from here following the GAF thread.

In terms of why it might be 30FPS, Knack is made of individual elements, which all have their own physics... it sounds actually more complicated than they could have done :) if you see what I mean. They could have just had a character that looked like Knack as a single animated object, but doing each object individually is probably why they havent locked in 60FPS yet.

On the note of variable Frame Rates, I really didnt know that a few games did it, certainly didnt see any problems in GOW3.. that game was awesome.

Finally on knack, I wasnt going to get it, but now DC and WD have been delayed, and they have mentioned what they are giving on PS+... I might actually buy this game now...lol - how the worm has turned :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

walsufnir said:
pezus said:

Also GoW III

I'm just about to go over to GAF now and take a look at the thread... cheers :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

walsufnir said:

I know where you got your info, ethomaz, I am also in this thread. And I agree that triple buffering makes the effect almost disappear. I know you want to defend it but I know from my PC gaming days a varying framerate is worse than locked.

I did search on google second result was this article: http://www.examiner.com/article/god-of-war-iii-to-run-on-720p-natively-with-variable-frame-rate so I added GoW3.

But I saw after someboy in GAF wrote that too.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Thank FUCK for that. I never understood why it was 30fps in the first place. It's not exactly pushing boundaries (though those screens look much nicer than some of the other stuff we have seen).

I agree completely, but... The way Shu has talked about it, Japan Studio is REALLY behind in the technical department (which is kind of obvious given their near complete absence from the PS3 and technical disappointments with the first Gravity Rush) and wants to quickly train them up to next gen developement standards, while at the same time having them work a ton on Vita until they can reach those standards. Essentially, he wants up to build Japan Studio to the same standards as Naughty Dog/Santa Monica Studios/Guerilla Games/etc etc and have them be a real active player this gen.

So to me, everything makes me think that Knack is a sort of simple training program for Japan Studio, with Cerny being there personally to provide hands on technical teaching and guidance.

walsufnir said:

Pezus doesn't follow GAF if I remember... I talked with him in N4G months ago.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

I know where you got your info, ethomaz, I am also in this thread. And I agree that triple buffering makes the effect almost disappear. I know you want to defend it but I know from my PC gaming days a varying framerate is worse than locked.

I did search on google second result was this article: http://www.examiner.com/article/god-of-war-iii-to-run-on-720p-natively-with-variable-frame-rate so I added GoW3.

But I saw after someboy in GAF wrote that too.

First: You use Opera, man I love you.

Second: Can't believe you use Opera, best browser on earth.

Third: Nice to see a brazlian having tabs with german sites (although it is computerbild, the worst magazine on earth)

Fourth: Seems a lot of people googled and found the same results.

Fifth: Man, dat Opera browser! Go, ethomat, go!

walsufnir said:

First: You use Opera, man I love you.

Second: Can't believe you use Opera, best browser on earth.

Third: Nice to see a brazlian having tabs with german sites (although it is computerbild, the worst magazine on earth)

Fourth: Seems a lot of people googled and found the same results.

Fifth: Man, dat Opera browser! Go, ethomat, go!

Off-topic.

I tried the new Opera on Windows... and they lost me... I will use the Opera 12 that I love but I will choose other browser when this one get discontinued... Opera 15+ is horrible... they killed it... lost all features.

PS. Computer Bild is releasing a lot of info/videos with the PS4 they received from Sony... so I'm looking into this site but I can't read anything (the Google Translate didn't make it better).

Sony should have made this pack in title for every PS4 sold. Would have helped build the franchise. I doubt the game will sell too well on its own.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!