By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Post if you are a Sega Fan!

Well everyone was doing it with nintendo, MS, and Sony so i figured why not do a Sega fan thread?

So who on this site is a sega fan even though they dont make consoles atm?

I have to say i am a Sega fan but when the Dreamcast died i became a sort of sony fan but deep down i still am a fan of sega and if they come out with another console i will be right there waiting to ge it.

Around the Network

I would have picked up a Dreamcast over the PS1. But the PS1 had the games I liked. Although the Dreamcast felt like the better system to use, with it's display in the controller.

Good to see this site is still going 

I still have all of my Sega systems except for my Genesis. It was stolen... :(

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Yes, count me in!

Quartz said:
I would have picked up a Dreamcast over the PS1. But the PS1 had the games I liked. Although the Dreamcast felt like the better system to use, with it's display in the controller.

wait dont you mean ps2?

iirc the ps2 was the one competing with the dc

Around the Network

Sega was the king.

First console with online play,one of the first CD based cosoles (2nd after turbograx), first 3D fighting and racing games, first and only cable streaming game service (sega channel). And amazing 1st party games that were only rivaled by mighty nintendo... Sony, Xbox...U R NOT E to be Sega's replacement.

Their problem was that they always tried to reinvent the wheel...too bad they didn't realize the round one works fine.

i miss my dreamcast, i traded it in for PS2 :( i wanna play crazy taxy again!!!!! :(

I liked sonic games for the genesis and I liked the demo of sonic for the 360. I also liked the orginal phantasy star for the SMS. I guess i'm kinda a fan. Oh and I liked Beyong Oasis.

Post if you WAS a SEGA(Hard-and/or Software) fan.
Then it would be a big yes.
But today...:( No more Hardware and sometimes i hope for no more Software. I think i will unpack my Genesis and play Sonic the Hedgehog. XD

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

I fell back in love with Sega when the Dreamcast came out and still claim it to be my favorite console of last generation. Recently however, I've got to say that Sega hasn't delivered at all. They continue to port Crazy Taxi instead of re-inventing it. Everything Sonic related, minus the DS Rush series, has turned to shit.  They rushed Virtua Fighter 5 out the door with no online, and then subsequently put their middle finger in PS3 owners faces by not patching the problem after the 360 version came out, with online. Shenmue was put on indefinite hold without even nearly finishing it's grand aspirations. I haven't seen a Panzer Dragoon rail shooter in years and I haven't seen a new Panzer Dragoon Saga in twice as many. Where's a new Jet Set Radio? How about a return to classic Shining Force and Phantasy Star titles and forget the Phantasy Star Online nonsense? The new Nights for Wii was embarassing, as it didn't reinvent at all. It just recreated the original basically and showed everyone how much gaming has advanced in ten years. Sega's two best titles from last year, in my opinion, we're Crush for the PSP and Bleach: The Blade of Fate for the DS, and neither was developed by them, only published. This is what Sega has announced for the near future:

English of the Dead-Nintendo DS-Probably will be great. The Typing of the Dead is a classic.

After Burner Climax-Arcade-A current gen remake of After Burner with no console release announced.

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return-Wii-Yawn...and you'll see why in a second

House of the Dead 4-Xbox 360-Now that's more like it. 

I'm sure they'll be publishing more. I know they have Bass Fishing on the way. A Sonic RPG coming. Some lame Golden Axe game on the horizon. From the looks of it, we'll all have to be bringing out our Sega Genesis Collections for PS2 or PSP if we want some good old fashioned Sega action. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.