By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Recommend Me Anime Shows with Deep Stories

It's a movie but you must watch Grave of the Fireflies!

Around the Network
tonymarraffa said:
It's a movie but you must watch Grave of the Fireflies!

Oh i like Studio Ghibli xD  Already seen it though.  I actually like "The Secret World of Arietty" the most :D

I forgot about Ergo Proxy, sometimes its very slow and you will feel like you are not supposed to think about everything you listen/read (much like Evangelion)but its a very good anime(it also has "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead as the ending)

death note, code geass, and hunter x hunter 2011

Death Note
Cowboy Bebop
Paranoia Agent

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Death Note and Attack on Titans.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Angel Beats - the story is actually pretty deep. Don't be fooled by the art style.

Kekkaishi(though you'll have to read the manga for the complete ending)
Attack on Titan(again you'll have to read thea manga...or wait years for a possible 2nd season
Yu-Yu-Hakusho
Ruroni Kenshin
G gundam
Death Note
Wolf Rain
Persona: Trinity Souls....not a great job of representing persona..but as a very deep and drawn out story
Evangelion(the recent one along with 1.11-3.33 movies)
Hajime no Ippo
Samurai Champloo
Samurai 7
Deadman Wonderland(again you'll have to read the manga to see the ending
Gantz....very gory and yet again you'll have to read the manga to see how this ends
Code Geass
Cyborg 009
Blassreiter

and just for kicks...if you're looking to laugh your ass off just watch Gintama; will also test your knowledge of Anime/Manga

EDIT: and for some kickass movies try Karas: The Prophect and Karas: The Revalation

Trigun

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

I don't know what deep really means to you but
Death Note, Trigun (don't let the start fool you lol), Code Geass, Eureka Seven, Serial Experiments: Lain, Monster, Ghost in the Shell, Welcome to the NHK, Elfin Lied have interesting stories IMO.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!