By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Check out this new Ryse trailer

selnor1983 said:
dahuman said:
7/10 - IGN

lets see how far off I'll be :)

9+

Alot of people loving this game on latest impressions. 

We'll see, mine was pretty shitty during PAX Prime.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
selnor1983 said:
dahuman said:
7/10 - IGN

9+

No matter how highly rated a game is, someone isn't going to like it.  You could just be one of those people.

Disappointed by the mythical elements on the first video, don't want a GOD of war type story, want a true Roman Legion type game.... that doesnt really fit with the 2nd video.

2nd video much much better and what I would want from a Rome game.. there is no need to make mythical stuff up, roman history is great :) ... cutscenes looked brilliant. (the narrator was not right..).

Ignoring the fighting aspects, I would worry that except out of those set pieces, the close quarter battles dont seem to have too many enemies in them (perhaps its just the videos Ive seen).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Stolen from GAF. Game looks undeniably very pretty, I was never interested in Roman history though so the game doesn't really grab me. Looks gorgeous nonetheless

This marks the first time I've had a spark of interest in Ryse. Up until now, it's seemed like a soulless fighting game built to show off pretty graphics. Why they've waited until now to say, "oh, by the way, story," I have no idea. They really need to get more of that across.

As for the graphical presentation itself, it goes from amazing, like that ship in the background, to kind of uncanny valley-ish with the faces. There is something that nags me about the proportions.  His face is massive.

Also:

Around the Network
pokoko said:

This marks the first time I've had a spark of interest in Ryse. Up until now, it's seemed like a soulless fighting game built to show off pretty graphics. Why they've waited until now to say, "oh, by the way, story," I have no idea. They really need to get more of that across.

As for the graphical presentation itself, it goes from amazing, like that ship in the background, to kind of uncanny valley-ish with the faces. There is something that nags me about the proportions.  His face is massive.

Also:

lol they have striking recemblance

Wow really... this game hits you with a next gen slap in the face.

dahuman said:
selnor1983 said:
dahuman said:
7/10 - IGN

9+

GameTrailers latest bonus round had everyone on the panel not even counting Ryse because "Its safe to discontinue it"

Doesnt bode well xD

Aldro said:
dahuman said:
selnor1983 said:
dahuman said:
7/10 - IGN

9+

GameTrailers latest bonus round had everyone on the panel not even counting Ryse because "Its safe to discontinue it"

Doesnt bode well xD

GameTrailers opinions can go to hell (except Kyle Bosman, he's awesome), because these bonus round are absolute shit sometimes. I used to see them until the panel started being so political....

I read a hands on the other day that said the game has no problem throwing a bunch of enemies at you at once similar to the way the arkham series does.