By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - *Rumour* PS4 launch title Driveclub delayed until 2014

Wasn't this same rumor circulated about two months ago or so and then debunked? I seem to remember a rumor about Driveclub being delayed and certain people acting like it was the first horseman of the apocalypse for Sony.

Around the Network
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
tipping like dominos. Looks like both the PS4 and XB1 should have launched in april or may 2014.

what do you mean by that?

Seems like every few days, either Sony or M$ announce or it trickles out that one of the games or one of the features aren't going to be available at launch.  It would seem that they should have waited another 6 months to finish their systems fully.  THey could then deliver systems that do everything along with some real games that are complete and optomized for the retail version of the consoles.

landguy1 said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
tipping like dominos. Looks like both the PS4 and XB1 should have launched in april or may 2014.

Seems like every few days, either Sony or M$ announce or it trickles out that one of the games or one of the features aren't going to be available at launch.  It would seem that they should have waited another 6 months to finish their systems fully.  THey could then deliver systems that do everything along with some real games that are complete and optomized for the retail version of the consoles.

I see people saying things like this a lot and while I agree to a degree, I think there would just be more promises made that they couldn't fully deliver on. 

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

landguy1 said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:

MS? sure.

Sony? nope.

we are getting everything that they said we will get at launch. lets wait and see if this romour is true.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:

MS? sure.

Sony? nope.

we are getting everything that they said we will get at launch. lets wait and see if this romour is true.

Why Microsoft? All bad rumours about the Xbone turned out to be lies spread from some NeoGaf Sonyfanboys. The never existing  Xbox one yield problems and the predicted downclocking turned out to be instead the opposite a increase of power and the rumours that Microsoft has to delay many games and the xbox one made problems in the manufacturing, all turned out as bullshit. The Xbox one releas seems to be just fine all promised games will come and no problems with hardware or something else within sight.

It sees that the only one who is not ready for launch is Sony with the PS4. Almost no games at releas, now even delays of some games and than the overheating of the PS4 units at the demo-events.

Around the Network

I believe both consoles and their software were originally spring 2014, They rushed it to compete each other. Crytek has also said that Ryse wasn't ready to show at E3. Well we'll see at launch.

If this was true I actually don't think it would matter. Battlefield, COD, KZ Shadow fall and AC4 are the only games launch games that are crutial to the PS4s launch.

This might help out need for speed though.

My most anticipated games isn't even a retail title, Warframe.

Grandia said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:

MS? sure.

Sony? nope.

Why Microsoft? All bad rumours about the Xbone turned out to be lies spread from some NeoGaf Sonyfanboys. The never existing  Xbox one yield problems and the predicted downclocking turned out to be instead the opposite a increase of power and the rumours that Microsoft has to delay many games and the xbox one made problems in the manufacturing, all turned out as bullshit. The Xbox one releas seems to be just fine all promised games will come and no problems with hardware or something else within sight.

It sees that the only one who is not ready for launch is Sony with the PS4. Almost no games at releas, now even delays of some games and than the overheating of the PS4 units at the demo-events.

what? lol 

do u know how many games will be available for ps4 at launch?

xbone doesnt have half of those games.

lets pretend tha kinect rivals never was delayed. lol

and the all 180's and 13 countrys

nice try

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

tuscaniman99 said:
dsgrue3 said:
Anonymous source, lol sure.

No one is getting PS4 for Drive Club folks.

My friend is considering switching his preorder over to the X1. He likes racers so this will have an effect on people like him.

1 person out of 2 million. Damn, that fallout!

dsgrue3 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
dsgrue3 said:
Anonymous source, lol sure.

No one is getting PS4 for Drive Club folks.

My friend is considering switching his preorder over to the X1. He likes racers so this will have an effect on people like him.

1 person out of 2 million. Damn, that fallout!

I was just giving an example. I've seen plenty of people posting on game sites saying they were buying a PS4 for Watch Dogs and also wanted Driveclub. There will be people dissapointed on both sides of the console war with Watch Dogs but to say nobody cares about a delay for Driveclub is pretty stupid. People like their racing games. I know this won't have a meaningful affect on sales but still it is inconvenient.