By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Bing it On. Bing vs Google

dsgrue3 said:
JayWoods posted this stupid Bing It On thing ages ago.

Now we need another advertisement thread about it?

fixed.

Around the Network

Tried to convert to bing but I love googles simplicity. Don't like the latest change tho.

Sorry bing!

I did it. They did a great job of making Bing results look identical to Google's for comparison sake. It doesn't look that way when you use it regularly(at least not that much). I did choose google 2-1 over Bing.

I use Bing as well. Dont really notice any difference between the two except with Bing i get free stuff via Bing Points. Hence why i use Bing.  Though if people want to use google it doesnt bother me, their choice, not mine.

As mentioned above i posted this a long time ago.  I like the free stuff aspect to it so thought id let people know about it.  As you can see certain members dont take too kindly to it.  Though usually they're angry members so just ignore the angry posts :)

People also got pissed when i posted a thread about Xbox Live being %50 off.  Just post what you want and dont worry about Mr Angry Pants users.

I found this article regarding the "Bing is winning the challenge 71% to 29%"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/bing-it-on-yale-ian-ayres_n_4058435.html

No prove or anything, but a little thing to keep in mind. Just take those numbers with a grain of salt...

Around the Network

Search engine fanboyism. This is the end of humanity...

I must be missing something, the results looked identical for me. I mean, that could show Bing is just like Google which is fine but see no reason to switch then.

Google won for me. I would use bing, because I don't mind the picture thing every day, but the results are constantly worse, and I hate all the clutter specifically the social media garbage.

DerNebel said:
I found this article regarding the "Bing is winning the challenge 71% to 29%"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/bing-it-on-yale-ian-ayres_n_4058435.html

No prove or anything, but a little thing to keep in mind. Just take those numbers with a grain of salt...

Interesting read!

Apparently this bizarre "71% to 29%" result is not really from this challenge, and Microsoft has never published results of the actual bingiton-challenge.

Probably for similar reasons why no Windows 8 sales numbers have been published for almost 9 months (since the end of that "Buy Windows 8 for just about 10% of the regular price until the end of january"-campaign) - the real numbers probably just wouldn't look very favourable for them.

You may be the very first Bing fanboy. ;) Also we should probably keep in mind that Bing is kicking Google's ass according to Microsoft.